Chapter 62

This was a tough chapter to write but nonetheless, I did it and kept myself motivated by this song.

Tapping sound created by hoof of horses ceased indicating that they have reached their war destination, Frosinone, a serene and cold place which was about to witness a brutal massacre.It was the time past half a year (autumn season) and the chilly winds welcomed Florence's army. Though this time of year didn't get heavy snow, still, good amount of probability favoured it.

             Climbing off his white horse, Augustus caressed his mane and in return, the horse neighed. Smiling at him, he tied him to the nearby temporary wooden peg and removed his hipposandal ( used for protecting hoof of the horse) allowing his hoofs to breath naturally. He asked one of the soldiers to bring a thin woolen blanket to cover back of the horse to protect him from the chilly weather.

Breathing in a huge gulp of air, he stretched his hands out to let go of trifle pain

Breathing in a huge gulp of air, he stretched his hands out to let go of trifle pain. Twelve days journey had really worn out of his muscles with lassitude and now, though the weather was chilling, it was still refreshing for his soul. Throwing his hair backwards, he cranked his neck side wise and looked around at his soldiers who were working tirelessly immediately after getting down from their horses. Aurelius had already worked and study area of the battlefield which made it easier for the army to spot a right place to hide and stay.

     Forgetting his tiredness, he mingled within a group of soldiers who was laying a tent using leather in order to keep army men warm in chilly weather. Withing two hours, many such temporary yet warm tents were ready.

( P

( P. S. :- tents were simple and rigid
without any doors, consisting of 16 leather panels, roughly around 75 cm by 52 cm)

Since it was an autumn evening, sun was already absent from the sky and now, slowly and gradually,  natural daylight was also ebbing away.

      Few soldiers made several bonfires which instantly lightened up the surrounding providing warmth and lightening. Slowly and gradually, aroma of cooked meat grappled the surrounding and everyone had their evening meal full of protein and carbs.