Chapter 43

Author's Note
I love all my silent readers but those who think that I did publicity stunt, I've a hearty request to make to all of you. There is an option of removing this book from library and discontinuing reading it. In that way, you won't give me publicity and it will be so good. Right?
Rest, I love all of you and value your view, votes and comments.
Rest update will depend on your response.😊😊
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

The king's very presence in the room was giving away the vibes of his strength. He had a scar on left side of his forehead which ran down till his left cheek. His shoulder length grey hair was flowing freely while his eyes were analysing everyone meticulously.

Glancing at everyone's slumped shoulders and worn out eyes, the king guessed that something is not in their favor but being a king, he can't afford to acquire their attitude.

King Of Eagles

King Of Eagles

In order to boost the spirit of his team, the king spoke, "Is something bothering my brave Eagles?"

Shoulders which were slumped till now, straightened a bit hearing the adverb brave. One of the ministers broke the news shakily that king Atticus wasn't dead because their plan backfired. There was a sharp intake of breath by the king listening to such a disheartening news but in order to not put down his team's self moral, he didn't scold anyone. He knew very well that this is a time when they need encouragement to believe in themselves.

" We, the eagles have successfully turned their biggest strength into weakness by taking away, more like stealing away their map of secret tunnel. So cheer up, we've nothing to fear. Let Atticus live for few more days."

Listening their praise from the king really had medicinal effect on the team just what he wanted. He knew very well that encouragement is what his warriors need at this crucial time.

After motivating his team, he said in a bit serious tone, "We can't wait anymore. Send our army to Florence through that secret way. It will take more time because the way is very distorted."

"As you wish, your highness!" saying so the team was dismissed by the king. At last the queen and the king were left alone in the room.

The queen spoke ," Aurelius proved to be very helpful to us. Without him, we wouldn't have got the golden opportunity of stealing the map."

A viscious laugh echoed in the room followe by the king's voice, "Yes, Poor Augustus! All his hard work went in vain. What he did to help his soldiers will now benefit us. "

"There is one more issue, your highness!" the queen spoke looking at the king causing him to look lovingly at her.

"What is that darling?"

"I want to go to Florence."

After a minute of silence, king spoke, "you love your son, don't you?"

Fury danced in the lady's eyes and she spoke derisively, "I don't love him, I just want to see the lady in whom he has found his happiness. "

Nodding his head in response, king spoke, "There is annual mask procession in Florence after fifteen days. If you are sure about your decision, you can participate in it but we aware of your identity. I'll talk to my associates and they will help you."

Giving a glittering smile to the king, queen thanked him and said, "I'll never make a mistake."

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Back in Florence, Magnus was shivering under the strict gaze of Augustus. Bruises which his brother gave him few hours back weren't healed properly. It was past midnight but Augustus couldn't sleep so he decided to interrogate his brother at night itself.

Magnus gulped nervously when his brother came exceptionally close to him.

"Were you behind the poisoning of father's drink?" Augustus enquired his brother in a voice which demanded answers.

Magnus gasped listening to this piece of information.
'Someone poisoned that old hag's drink? Well, It would have been better if he died.'

He broke out of his trance when Augustus held his collars in tight grip.

"No, no I didn't do anything. I promise, I never knew that Father's drink was poisoned. Heck, I don't even know when was it poisoned." Magnus spoke such words with great difficulty.

Lights from the lamp were partially illuminating the dark room. Augustus searched for any tint of lie in Magnus's eyes because he couldn't believe what he said.

Tightening his hold on Magnus's collar, Augustus whisperd in Magnus's ears in deadly voice, "I have my eyes on you and if I will find your indulgence in this fiasco in any form, I'll kill you with my bare hands. Got that?"

Magnus was fuming inside but couldn't vent it out on Augustus so he meekly said yes.

Master, who was watching this whole scenario unfolding infront of his eyes hiding behind the door had a smug look on his face.
🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

King Atticus was lying on his bed thinking about his kingdom. Well, this was the only topic which could divert his mind from his wife.

Every night, loneliness grappled his old form. He had nobody lying beside him with whom he could share his everyday talks. A tear escaped from his eyes looking at the big portrait of his Athena and all he could murmer was, "Why Athena? Why?"