Chapter 59

It seemed as if sand slipped from one domain to another with greater acceleration since past two days. The atmosphere around was playing a sad symphony and information of war worked as perfect melancholy voice of a singer. Sadness in the eyes of family members of soldiers was added instrumental music.

Finally, the day of departure was here in sunny, crisp dried form but still, everyone felt humidity in their spine bone. Standing outside the fence surrounding Place of Florence, loved ones of soldiers had bid their farewell and many of them were trying to muffle their gut wrenching sob. Few were struggling to put a brave smile but sorrow's humidity was making it as difficult as if squaring the circle.

    Doughty soldiers, cavaliers who were standing with a deadpan face were putting a brave show to strengthen their families but whom were they kidding? The feeling of not being able to watch their faces was being hefty but no matter what, they had to keep emotions at bay because wars are never won by emotions.

Inside the palace, Augustus was with Rithambara and Justus while getting ready for the final action. Apart from Magnus and Marcus, both of his brothers were going to accompany him in the water as per the order of King Atticus.

  Rithambara's injury were tad better with all the extra care paid to them. Now, she could stand up with somebody's support. Moreover, the motive of encouraging her husband propelled her to get better. She was sitting on the bed with Justus next to her who knew that his father was going to leave him again and the mere thought was making his eyes welled up.

  His grey metallic warrior dress was making him look like a true warrior and in addition, red cloak was in stark contrast to the grey colour while his light stubble was giving him a rugged look. Standing in front of the mirror, he was about to put his golden armour but his hands stopped midway when he saw his son's lips curved in downward parabola.

  A sigh eluded from his lips and keeping down the armour, he went near Justus and kneeled infront of his compact form. Justus was quick enough to wrap his hands around Augustus's shoulder.

" Father... Again? " the question was thrown in such innocent and broken voice that it made even Augustus emotional. Clutching his son closer to his chest, he kissed on his head.

" I'll return soon, son. I promise ."

Promise! A promise which was hollowed with uncertainty. A promise which was made to coo down a baby. A promise, which made to make his own head fill with assurity.

                   The pain and longing of leaving behind his son and wife was settling on his chest. His heart shrinked further when he glanced at Rithambara who had her face turned face to other side. Her hands were holding the bed sheet in death grip.

Eyes were damp,
Hearts were clamped,
Emotions were playing melonchalic  tune,        
But warriors chose courage to make it mute.

Tears were demanding for their freedom,
Bravery prisoned them making emotions pandemonium.

Promises of meeting again were recited like praying verses,
What was the truth was to be decided by strength of truces.

  When he was about to stand up, Ritha held his hands and asked to help her to walk till the mirror where his armour was shining in all it's glory.

   Finally reaching there, she held the armour in her hands and closed her eyes momentarily. When she opened them again, Augustus saw same determination and pride shining in them which he saw when she proclaimed to marry him. A faint smile surfaced on his lips thinking about silliness and courage of his yellow fabric.

   He couldn't stop himself from pressing his lips against her. The farewell kiss was as sweet as their bond. He pulled apart when Justus started clapping which he remembered from their wedding scene.

   Augustus grinned loudly at such an adorable gesture of his son. Rithambara took the armour and slipped it over his head and it fitted as if it was made just for him.

" Vijayi bhav " she spoke and prayed to Lord to grant her this wish.

( Vijayi bhav : may you win)

" Take care of yourself and don't invite danger. Ask soldiers to accompany you wherever you go. " all the advices were given by Augustus in one go while Rithambara kept nodding.

     He stepped out of the room and found Marcus waiting for him at the threshold. Augustus smiled at his brother and hugged him. News of going for was so soon didn't sit well with Marcus and he seemed genuinely worried about his brother. Being worried part was true but was it for his brother? No one knew.

" stay safe and stay alive " murmured Marcus which earned him with a chuckle by Augustus.

" I'll give my best attempt to win Rome , brother! " spoke Augustus.

" your life is more vital than Rome brother. " spoke Marcus.

Nodding at Marcus, Augustus spoke, " I don't need to tell you this but still, take care of everything. "

" I'll brother, I'll "

Marcus moved his eyes towards Rithambara who was giving him firm blank stare which shook his heart. He still hadn't forge the conversation which he had with Rithambara. Biting on his lower lip, he moved aside to give space to Augustus.

King Atticus , Felix and Linus were already present down with army

King Atticus , Felix and Linus were already present down with army. Octavia and Tatiana were also sobbing hard while bidding farewell to their husbands.

   Horses and soldiers were ready to go on the voyage of acing Rome. When Augustus descended down, Aurelius gave him a curt nod. A loud trumpet was blown and all the royal members sat on their respective horses with determination.

    Augustus glanced upwards and found Rithambara and Justus waving at him. He smiled widely and returned back their wave.

  The horse neighed loudly and finally the journey began!

Next update after 275 follow ups.😊😊
I hope you liked the chapter. It's tough to portray the emotions of soldiers. I hope I was able to do so.