Chapter 18

Ritha didn't leave Alessandro's hands till it turn completely blue due to the cut in blood circulation. When she left his hands,  it fell on her lap like a lifeless leaf due to numbness.

              Before Ritha could remove his hands from her lap, it was shooted away by none other than Augustus who understood the matter. His eyes were bleeding rage which made all the commotion cease. Nobody dared to ask any question after seeing the look on his face.

   Augustus wanted to cut the hands of  that prick who dared to touch Ritha but subsided his thoughts as it was an auspicious day for him. He didn't want to start his journey with Ritha by killing or shedding blood. He knew that his queen has already rewarded Alessandro for his actions. The respect and admiration which he had for Rithambara multiplied till infinity. He couldn't stop thinking the about the sudden escalation in their relationship after that kiss. Though, they didn't speak to each other through words but their eyes already have had the conversation which even words couldn't convey.

Justus looked at his parents's face and saw an angry look directed towards a man who shouted few minutes back. He furrowed his eyebrows ,flared his nostrils like his mother and glared at the man. A small smile appeared on everyone's lips after watching Justus's adorable expressions but no one dared to laugh out loud weighing the seriousness of the time.

Finally ,the curtain was drawn on the celebration . All the hustle and bustle  made Justus exhausted and he passed out in Ritha's embrace. King Atticus blessed the new couple and retired to his room followed by other royal members.

                     The new couple along with their son entered into the room . Both of them didn't know from where to start the conversation though they supported each other during the wedding. Augustus went near the balcony and removed the curtains to let fresh air inside the room. After laying Justus on the bed ,Ritha kissed his forehead and started caressing his hair.

     Augustus smiled seeing his son and uttered, "he's precious" . Ritha smiled and turned to look at her husband and softly said, " yes, he is" .

Augustus continued, "and he loves you" . Ritha giggled and said, "I love him too" .

               "I can never understand you. "       Augustus said pouring his raw and true thoughts looking at her which confused Ritha a bit.  After seeing the confused look on Ritha's face, he explained, "You are completely different with Justus. It's hard to believe that lady who held my neck in her death grip with her hands, holds my son lovingly in the very same arms. "

Ritha laughed and teased him ,"well, it did put some sense in you and far as my behaviour is concerned, I behave according to the person."
Augustus gave a muffled laugh and raised his hands in surrender, " I was shocked and to tell you the truth, my ego was hurt but now looking back at it, I feel it was very brave of you and every woman should take a stand for herself like you. "

          Rithambara went near  in the balcony and stood next to him" As far as I remember, you told me that day about breaking me mentally . What changed? " interrogated Rithambara

Augustus let out a sigh , "I don't have anything against you. After the death of Justus's mother,Valentina, I didn't want to marry anyone else because I loved her or most probably still love her. I didn't want any other woman taking her place in my life or me ruining anyone else's life because everyone deserves to be loved. When father asked you to marry me, to say I was shocked would be an understatement. I couldn't deny him as he threatened me with the crown so I wanted you to back down from your promise but it went futile. But now after seeing your bond with Justus, I know Valentina is happy above in heaven and I want this marriage to work ,Ritha though I need some time. "

               Rithambara looked in his eyes and after a minute she started laughing carelessly throwing her head back. To Augustus's ears it was a melody in a language which he didn't understand. Nonetheless, he enjoyed it. Ritha calmed herself and was about to answer him but again broke into an another fist of laughter.

           Augustus wanted to freeze this moment but he also wanted to know the language of this melody so he caged Ritha in his arms putting his one hand on her waist and ran his second hand in her hair. He asked her in a husky tone, "what's funny? "

       The sudden action caused Ritha to stop her laughter and look at her husband . His ocean blue eyes were legit as deep as an ocean. Gulping down ,she answered him with a smile, " my name sounds so different and funny in your accent. It's Ritha not Rwi-thaw " she tried to copy him and again started laughing which amused Augustus to core. He replied smugly, "whatever it is, you are mine sweetheart " and hugged her. Ritha put her arms around his torso and returned his hug. After listening to each others heartbeat for a minute or two, Ritha pulled away and cupped his face, " I'm thankful to you for understanding and helping me on the altar by hiding me. I know you loved your wife a lot and I'm not jealous at all because I know that when you will love me in future ,your love will be real and pure. I will never try to take Valentina's place in your heart or even Justus's heart. When the time will be right, I will tell him about his birth mother.  You have my support till my last breath in anything and everything. . We have all the time in the world for our relationship, you don't need to hurry. " The smile which adored Augustus's lips at that moment was priceless for Ritha. She meant each and every word and the moon and stars shining in the night sky were witness of it.

   Suddenly, Ritha saw a sharp pointed object coming from the opposite direction . Since Augustus's back was in that direction, he couldn't see it. Ritha immediately moved away dragging Augustus along with him.

Author's Note
Heya guys! Hope you all enjoyed the chappy and if you do please hit the star button and comment down your thoughts below. What's gonna happen next? Any predictions? 🤨🤨 comment down them. I would love to know them. ❤❤❤❤