16

3rd person pov

it was early in the morning and the Dover household was in complete silence as everyone was asleep. the only sound being made were soft snores and the sound of birds chirping outside.

that was until marissa decided to wake up.

the girl grumbled and turned to look beside her at a sleeping millie.

marissa sighed and sleepily got out of bed, her feet instantly hitting the cold floor as she hissed at the feeling.

she immediately turned off her alarm so it wouldn't ring and cause millie to wake up, then proceeded to walk to her closet and opened it slowly.

"what should i wear?" she whispered to herself before pulling out a baby blue tank top and low waisted jeans, deciding to worry about the shoes later.

marissa glanced at the clock over her desk and noticed it was 7:30 am, shrugging and continued to her bathroom.

she closed the door and let her clothes fall beside her, shivering a little as it was cold and she had just woken up.

the dirty blond slipped into the shower and just let the water hit her back, closing her eyes as she savored the moment. it was rare that the house has been so silent and it was also rare that she was the first one ever awake.

after at least 30 minutes marissa left the shower, and wrapped her towel around her, staring at the fog in the mirror before tracing her name in it like a child. the girl smirked before she started to dry herself off and hummed "goodnight and go" by ariana grande to herself and proceeded to put her clothes on, leaving her bathroom with a smile dancing on her lips.

she looked once more at her clock and now saw 8:10 am being displayed. marissa sighed and looked over to see millie still fast asleep then giggled and went out her bedroom, closing the door.

marissa's pov

i was still in shock that I was the first one awake seeing as this never happened. i skipped happily down the staircase and straight into the kitchen, looking for something to fill my starving stomach. i finally decided on having a bowl of cereal and then dragged my feet to the cupboard.

soon i heard footsteps coming from the staircase and noticed finn sleepily coming down the stairs.

"well well well, if it isn't the famous finn wolfhard." i grinned at the taller boy.

"good morning to you too mari." he laughed. "what are you doing awake?" he scrunched his eyebrows together as he asked.

"wish I had an answer but I have no clue, the real question is what are you doing awake?" i returned the question as I poured the cereal.

"i couldn't sleep at all last night." he shrugged before getting up and getting a water.

"why not?" i looked over to him before adding the milk.

"no clue. but mia has been acting weird since last night."

"well whatever it is, she never told me." i shrugged, bringing my bowl to the table with a spoon.

"i just hope it isn't something bad." he looked down at his feet before looking back up at me and taking another sip of his water.

"don't worry about it, whatever it is she'll tell us. it's mia we're talking about." i smiled at him and he gave me a smile before we heard another pair of footsteps.

"hey weirdos." sophia grinned as she came down the stairs.

"soph! hey!" i smiled at the ginger as finn also greeted her.