6

"Family is a life jacket in the stormy sea of life"
-

J.K.Rowling.

A few minutes later, Jhanvi and Gauri went to an extend of scolding to make
Bhvya stop crying. "Bhavya, stop crying. Stress is not good in this stage" Gauri said indicating the baby.

"Now tell us what happened?" Jhanvi sat with her. "I will be with the boys" Tej smiled at Bhavya before walking away from there, he wanted to give them privacy.

"It was all Okay in the beginning of the marriage but the second month after marriage I had to go back to Meerut for official purpose for a few days and you all know pinky aunty...she made Rudr feel inferior to me but Shivaay bhaiyya, Anika bhabi and Om bhaiyya made him understand. I thought the fight ended there but I was wrong. Rudr made me transfer to Goa even though it was hard for me at first. But one day there was an accident and I had to go there. No one except me and Daadi was home that night, I had to leave Daadi back home that night even though I wasn't ready for that. I tried to contact Shivaay bhaiyya, Anika bhabhi, Rudr, Om bhaiyya but no one was picking the call" Bhavya sobbed a little more remembering the fateful night. Gauri squeezed her hand softly, consoling her.

"A family was involved in the car accident, I felt like being the same 5-year-old whose parents died in front of her. I just wanted to save the family so when I went back home that night it was too late. When I entered the house all were in the living room and Daadi had a small plaster in her forehead. She had hit her head in the wall while walking. Pinky aunty taunted me but Rudr stood there silently and after that we all went to sleep after i apologized to everyone. I thought it ended that day but Rudr started distancing himself from me, he became cold towards me" Jhanvi and Gauri looked at Bhavya in disbelief. They couldn't believe that the innocent cry baby Rudr was the one she was mentioning.

"Outside the bedroom he acted like everything was okay but exactly a month later he asked me to quit my job..." Jhanvi gasped hearing that. She expected those things from anyone but not Rudr. Rudr was her baby whom she thought knew only to love everyone.

"We both started fighting . Gradually everyone started noticing our fights so I took off from work for sometime but Rudr still didn't change, he found fault in everything I did. I was growing tired of whatever happening so I talked to him one night and we both had a fight and I went home from there" Bhavya ended as she slowly leaned towards Gauri. All the crying was giving her headache and she was tired physically and mentally.

When bhavya woke up later she saw that she was in Rudr's room in Oberoi mansion and her vision started blurring because of her tears. She remembered the hateful words they both threw at each other that night.

"I am asking you to quit your job and take care of family till everything become stable. I need to help bhaiyya to set up business over here and as my wife what I am asking you is to support me" Rudr said in a rude tone which he was using for a few months to her.

"Rudr, I can't do that! It's my job and I need it, I have been working hard from my childhood for it. I love you but I love my job also" Bhavya tried reasoning her argument. A few more harsh words was thrown at each other when Rudr said something Bhavya could never forgive him for,

"You can never understand the value of family because you never had one. An orphan like you can never understand the value of family" Bhavya's eyes became glossy hearing it. She never expected him to tell her that. And that moment she decided that she can no longer be with a person who calls her an orphan when she thought him as her only family.

A knock on the door brought her back to present. Bhavya saw it was Tej Singh Oberoi and she tried to stand from the bed but he held her back. She was a little nervous to sit in front of him, she always feared him and stood a step away him but now he seem like a different person to her.

"Beta, Jhanvi told me what happened and I don't know if I am saying is wrong or not but if it's wrong then please forgive me" Bhavya looked on shocked as those words came from Tej Singh Oberoi. "I know what Rudr did is wrong but I cant blame him. Omkara and Rudr are not at fault in this, this entire fiasco is my fault. Rudr and Om don't know how to behave with wives because of how I behaved with their mother. Children often learn from their parents but what I taught my kids was all wrong. Whatever they are doing today is my fault" Tej ended and Bhavya nodded her head not knowing what to say. Then only she noticed that Gauri and Jhanvi were already inside.

"Whatever Dad is saying true Bhavya. Rudy bhaiyya might need a chance and also you can't do this to the baby. I know how it feels to be a single mother. Whatever you both have is misunderstanding and you just talk to Rudy bhaiyya once" Gauri said as she handed her the phone.

"And if it doesn't work out, we three are here for you" Jhanvi said assuring her. "Not three but six..." Siddharth and Abhishek shouted running towards the bed. The boys settled on the bed with their faces close to the belly where their brother/sister is, making the elders laugh at the innocent act. "We are five only! Who is the sixth person?" Tej asked his grandsons. "You three, me, Sid and the baby" Abhishek said kissing the belly. "Even I want to kiss the baby" Siddharth frowned. Bhavya hugged the two kids who were too adorable.

Bhavya dialed Rudr and no one picked up in the first two times.

"Hello Rudr..." Bhavya said making sure she didn't sound emotional. "Hello who is this?" a female sound was heard and from the voice Bhavya knew that it was his secretary Roma who clearly disliked her and never left a chance to throw herself at any OBros. "I need to talk to Rudr" Bhavya said in a stern voice. "I am sorry but he is busy" arrogance was filled in that tone. "Who are you to tell that he is busy or not. I am his wife and I need to talk to him" Bhavya said in anger, ever since pregnancy she had a hard time controlling her emotions. "Okay" Roma said in a shrugging off tone. The clicking of heels was heard before Rudr's voice reached the phone.

"What the hell do you want now?" Bhavya flinched hearing the cold and rude tone. Gauri and Jhanvi held her in concern seeing the frightened expression. "I want to talk to you" Bhavya said in a soft tone. "Just like you, even I have to work and if it's about our issues then I don't think its gonna work anymore" Rudr said. "But I am..." Bhavya couldn't complete the word pregnant when the phone was given back to Roma.

"Rudr sir said that he don't want to talk to you" Roma said in attitude making Bhavya, Jhanvi and Gauri angry but before they three could say anything Abhishek took the phone from Bhavya. "And may I know who you are to deliver this message. Act like his secretary not owner!" Abhishek said in attitude making Roma gasp hearing such words from a kid. "And who are you to tell me that? I was talking to that police woman" Abhishek looked at his mother and Bhavya for a few second before answering "I am her sister's son and she have a name and its Bhavya Pratap Rathore" The elders looked in pride hearing that. Gauri kept her hand on Bhavya's re-assuring her.

"And she is a strong woman so when you talk about her say in respect and if you can the stop barking too much" Siddharth said taking the phone from Abhishek. "You!!" Roma's fuming voice was clearly visible. "Don't get too angry, your people will take you back" Siddharth said with a grin.

"My people?" Roma's confused tone was heard. "Arre you don't see discovery channel?" all chuckled hearing it making Roma more red in anger and embarrassment hearing the insults.