1

“You mean you are mine and Gauri’s son?” Omkara asked trying hard not to choke. The news was truly was shocking to him. “Omkara, we just can’t trust a random boy and also we don’t know about his upbringing and his mother” pinky said with a taunt.
Omkara having a boy while Shivaay anad Anika are still trying for a baby after all these years were unacceptable for her. She wanted her grandson to be the heir of Oberoi industries which her son couldn’t do.

“I know it will be hard for you but can you be a little polite while saying about my mother” Siddharth said with a fake sweet smile but his tone had a hint of warning. “Oh My Mata, who are you to advise me little boy? Shivaay, dekho na he doesn’t even know how to behave to elders. Give him some money and he will tell the truth of who send him” Pinky turned to  her son.

Before they could say anything they heard a thud sound and saw the boy dumping his backpack in the couch. “What are you doing? What is inside it?” Anika asked confused. “It’s a bomb!” Siddharth said in a mock tone. “O, Bhaiyya, save me!” Rudr jumped up and down. “Uff…such a darpok” Siddharth said with a sigh.

“So these are my things. I have my own personal laptop, Iphone, Apple watch, a bunch of credit cards” Siddharth arranged his accessories in the table and took out and typed something in his laptop. “I hope you guys do remember this woman” Siddharth showed them the picture of him with his mother. Even though Gauri looked a little different, they all nodded. Omkara closed his eyes so his tears may get unnoticed.“She is Gauri Sharma, my mother and she is the one who  is in-charge of the foreign Oberoi companies especially one in ”
France, Venice, U.S.A and…” Siddharth tried really hard to remember but he couldn’t. “and..?” Rudr said after a second of pause. “I suck at Geography and what do you expect from a 11-year-old? I get dizzy seeing the globe itself” Siddharth sighed in annoyance. “And my mother makes 1 billion a year so Mrs. Pinky singh Oberoi, if you are giving me something then you should give me above the value of all these which is I don’t know because I never got even ‘B’ in my Maths” Siddharth ended with a shrug making everyone except Pinky smile.

“You really are O’s son. I am your cool chachu” Rudr said forwarding his hand for a shake but Siddharth showed his fist and they both did a fist bump. “And I do know you. Jaanu dadi have told me” Siddharth said. “you mean my mom?” Omkara asked in a nostalgic tone. He missed his mother. Its been 12 years and he clearly remembered what she told him last time, “you are worse than your father and I don’t think I have sons anymore but thanks to you both that I have got two daughters” and after that he tried a lot to contact his mother but she kept blocking him and gradually he gave up.

“Between all these QnA sessions, may I know what am I doing here.i asked for a room in hotel room and after a long interactive session they took me to here. Is it always like this? Do we need to give a whole essay of answers to get a room in your resort?” Siddharth asked in annoyance. “But sir, none of our customers flirt with our receptionist”  Kumar said politely to Siddharth and the Oberois opened their mouth in shock. “O, the boy is taken after me” Rudr said in proud whisper to his brothers. “My worst nightmare came true” Om replied back making Rudr glare and pout at him. “Hey, I asked her politely whether she will date me after 6 years?” Siddharth said offended.

“Man, you really need to spend on the uniform of receptionists. Red really doesn’t match some of them” Siddharth said and went back to the couch to play in his phone.

“Can we both speak?” Omkara asked and Siddharth nodded unsure of what else to say. He said his fathers name to the manager when the office staff had started to say about his mother and he never thought that he will have to face his father. Hell he never thought that he would ever meet his Dad.

“Siddharth, I am really sorry” Omkara said honestly. After Omkara said he wanted to talk to his son, everyone had went to their respective room giving both the privacy to talk. Omkara had knelt in front of his son and held his hands while Siddharth tried really hard to ease the tension of the room by thinking about food. “May I know why are you sorry for? Is it because you abandoned my mother? Is it because she tried to call you to inform about your pregnancy but you never pick it up? Is it because you were never there when my mother needed you the most? Are you sorry because you were never there when I needed a father figure? Or is it because you would have found out about us if you had tried to learn about the well-being of your ex-wife?” Siddharth asked in a calm voice but he did notice the pained expression of his father and a moment later Omkara Singh Oberoi kept his face in the little boy’s shoulder and cried.
Siddharth thought that his father would defend himself but when he started crying he was shocked. “Dad, its okay!” Siddharth ran over his father’s hair, some of which had started graying.

An hour later, an exhausted Omkara Singh Oberoi was led to his room by his son. His family was polite and didn’t come to disturb both of them. “You need to rest” Siddharth helped his father to settle in the bed. “Can you please stay?” Omkara asked in a hoarse voice which reminded of someone but he shrugged away the thoughts and jumped on the bed. Omkara snuggled to his son after he heard him snoring and it truly brought a genuine smile in his voice.