21

“Gauri beta, flowers already arrived so can you check whether Bhavya’s engagement dress has also arrived?” that was the first thing Omkara heard after he went down to the party hall.

As per the arrangements the engagement was to be conducted in the same hotel as Sean and his family would arrive in the afternoon.

He saw Gauri walk around ordering and making sure everything was alright for engagement. Should he talk to her about what happened yesterday night? The question was plaguing his mind ever since he woke up.

He made eye-contact with her from across the hall and what he received was a simple normal smile and he hated that. He wanted her to show him some kind of emotions.

“Gauri, we need to talk…” Omkara got hold of her hand once he went near her. “Okay sure” she replied and was walking with him when they heard Jhanvi calling out for her. Gauri excused herself from Omkara who received a death glare from his mother.

“Are you ready to go down, Bhavya?” Gauri asked as she held the hands of her decked-up sister. “Bhavu, do you really think this is right? Think about your life” Gauri asked as she sat in front of her. “I am not ruining my life, Di. I ruined it once but this time I know what I am walking into. I knew about Sean’s sexuality even before Neetu aunty brought up the marriage proposal. We both will be good friends forever” Bhavya assured her sister.

Rudr entered the room and stood there mesmerized seeing Bhavya in a champagne beige colored lehenga with sequin and cut dana decorated all over in a geometric pattern paired with a sleeveless sweetheart neckline and a net dupatta with sequins embellished motifs and pleated frill on the border work. He came back to the real world when his Gauri bhabhi cleared her throat. “Oh…Hi…H..i” he mumbled as he fidgeted around.

“Delivery guy dropped this off” he said giving the jewelry box. “Rudy bhaiyya, where are the kids?” Gauri asked while taking the jewelry box and trying to start a conversation seeing the awkward glances both of them were giving each other. “They are with Shivaay bhaiyya. Anika bhabhi offered to babysit them yesterday night since O went missing suddenly” he answered as he turned around to go.

“Erm…Bhavya, you look beautiful” Rudr said turning back expecting a lash comment but received ‘thank you’ in a soft-low tone.

Bhavya let her tears fall after she made sure Rudr went out. “You still love him, don’t you?” Gauri asked her as she cried on her sister’s shoulder. “It sucks when the only person who can make you feel better is the reason why you always cry” Bhavya said as she cried. “Look my Bhavya is the strongest person and the best sister I have ever known…” Gauri said while Bhavya shook her head in a ‘no’.

“I was the strongest person until I met Rudr. I had no dreams just my life as the ACP and my wish to serve for my country but he came in and made me wish for a family, for happiness, for everything else I thought wouldn’t be in my life. He and I were polar-apart but I still dared to dream. I fought myself to be with him but the same person broke me. It was my fault to make him my first priority while I was his second” Bhavya said as she wiped her tears away and got ready for her engagement.

“Hey…” Sean smiled as he saw Rudr enter his room. He had already worn his Sherwani but wasn’t sure of his decision. He can’t just break his news to his mother out of blue. He wants to tell her the truth about his sexuality but he couldn’t. He was scared after all it was against the societal norms when Rudr barged inside his room.

“I still love Bhavya” Rudr rather declared making Sean frown. “So we have established that to Bhavya’s fiancé on her enagement day. So…?” Sean cool-ly asked making Rudr go restless. “Hey, whats going on here?” Om asked as he entered along with Siddharth who looked rather excited to see Sean.

“Rudr loves Bhavya” Sean informed Om and Sid as he sat down on the bed un-affected by the information. “You are what? You do realize that today is her engagement day?” Om asked even though he was relieved that he wasn’t the only person suffering with the same issue.

I know…I know today is her engagement but I just saw her today and I felt my heart so heavy when I saw her eyes. I know I screwed up big time but is there any way I can correct it? I am ready to do anything” Rudr practically begged as he sat on the opposite side of the bed. “Did you try talking to Bhavya?” Sean asked sensing the genuineness.

“I did and she refused to have any relationship with me and after that whenever I tried to talk to her there would be my Mom who would stare at me like I was a professional killer assigned to kill Bhavya” Rudr sulked more remembering the glares he got from his mother whenever she saw him looking at Bhavya.

“I want nothing but the best for her. I really do, it’s just sometimes I wish that the best for her was me” Omkara looked on sadly as his little brother cried silently. “Do you want me to break off the wedding but it won’t change anything” Sean offered as comfort.

“Break off? But what about all the food for the party” Om quickly shut his son’s mouth before he could interfere in the emotional situation.

“Okay, that’s it. I am tired of this elders being stupid. Rudy uncle, do you even know why Bhavya maa liked you before? And it’s not because of your muscles…” Sid quickly said seeing that Rudr was going to flex his muscles who pouted in return.

“It’s because you take risks for her. Even with the Sultan issue in the beginning of the relationships or her age-gap issue, you took risk for her, you went after her, you made her fall in love with you. You were immature but you were there for her. Yes, you may have left her and hurt her but if you truly love her then fix it. Fix your relationship and spend your entire life for that if you need to because do you who doesn’t take risks…?”

“Cowards…” Sean and Omkara answered simultaneously remembering Sam and Gauri respectively.

“That’s right. And you are Rudr Singh Oberoi, you are not a coward .i may call you immature Oberoi,Crybaby, Dumbell Oberoi but you are not a coward so fight for love” Sid said as Omkara looked at his son proudly. “But chachu, let me warn even if a tear drop from my Bhavya maa’s eyes because of you then you will be left with a few broken ribs” Sid warned with a sweet yet dangerous smile.
“Thank You” Rudr said as he hugged Sid.

“Gauri, we need to talk right now” Omkara said as he grabbed Gauri and took her to one of the empty rooms. “What is this, Omkara? I have work to do” Gauri said as she tried to free her hand. “Are you really trying to ignore what happened last night” Omkara asked and Gauri narrowed her eyes. “We slept together so what’s the big deal? We both were drunk and I took the morning after pill. It’s morning and we have other works to do” Gauri replied as she freed her hand.

“So that’s it?”Omkara asked a little hurt. Gauri took deep breaths as she got ready to unleash reply to all the pain that he had caused her in the past. Omkara Singh Oberoi is gonna see how hell looks like...

“Hey Sean, I left my phone in here…” Rudr stood there shocked as he saw Sean and his friend Sam kissing each other but stopped seeing him and started nervously smiling at him. Oh boy!