Chapter 26- Getting Ready to Walk the Red Carpet

Savannah woke up bright and early this morning to put the finishing touches on Hunter's outfit for tonight. Especially with a top 50 award winning song, Storm Warning, the other night at the BMI country awards, it is critical that everything is perfect for tonight. The Country Music Association Awards is a huge event for country music artists, and Hunter was up for a huge nomination for New Artist of the Year. Savannah was up late last night reading about the CMA awards and watching videos from last year in preparation for tonight. She didn't want any surprises. She knew since Hunter had a huge nomination they were bound to interview him on the red carpet and it would likely be broadcasted all over TV's in America.

Savannah stood in her room, hand on one hip and winced at the mannequin. She sighed. She was nervous that something was wrong with it. She had been practicing all month and this was the best one yet. Three outfits on mannequins stood in her room, one for her, and two for Hunter. She made one for the red carpet and then one for him to change into for his performance.

She looked at her dress imagining herself in it. It was different from anything she'd worn before, but she thought it was more appropriate for the Nashville lifestyle. Her dress was gold with sequins on the top half, and the back opened into a deep v shape. The dress barely missed the floor when she was wearing the nude high heels she picked for the occasion. The front had a slit running up her left leg to her mid thigh, perfectly elegant and modest looking. She was deciding what to do with her hair still, but she had all day. She hopped into the shower and stood under the hot water for a long time before washing her hair.

She didn't want to get ready quite yet, but she wasn't sure how long it would take. Back home, before huge parties her and Madison would spend the night at one of their houses and get up early to paint their nails and do their hair. Thinking about Madison made her miss her all the more. She grabbed her phone and shot Madison a quick text letting her know about tonight. Madison replied right away.

From Madison:

OMG soooooooooo jealous! Wish I could be there for you. You're gonna be amazing on the red carpet because you're FABULOUS. I am definitely watching this. Love ya. Xx Mad.

November 2nd, 2012

Dear Diary,

I'm going a little insane right now. I still can't believe I am attending a real red carpet event. Sure I've been to dozens of parties and galas with photographers and high class society, but never a real red carpet event. I am still truly stunned and flattered that Hunter wanted me to come with him out of all people. I am so nervous for tonight, but I cannot even imagine the nerves going through Hunter right now as he prepares for his performance at the CMA's. 

I also am excited to see Hunter for the first time in a month. I remember it like it was yesterday, our trip to the zoo. This past month was hard, but it was well worth it because I get to see Hunter tonight and be there to support him. I know he is going to be amazing. I cannot wait. But, for now I must go get ready.

Savannah looked at her reflection in the mirror. She went and got a french manicure yesterday in preparation for today, as it was one less thing to worry about. She looked at the clock and the smell of food wafted into her room. She walked downstairs and saw her mom and Devin making lunch together. She was frying rice and vegetables and he had his arms wrapped around her waist giving her soft kisses on the neck. "Uh-umm" Savannah coughed letting them know of her presence.

"Good afternoon Savannah!" Amelia sang. She knew it was a big day for her daughter. 

"Here's some lunch sweetie," she said handing Savannah a plate. Savannah sat at the counter and started eating.