Fifty Nine: The Knight, The Prince and The Pauper

Taeyong doesn't mention anything to his brother or to anyone, even though he's been really infuriated at the Royal Family now more than ever

Taeyong doesn't mention anything to his brother or to anyone, even though he's been really infuriated at the Royal Family now more than ever. He would never forget how the King personally told him that he was a bad influence to Jaehyun that one time he visited the Palace. That was way back when he and Jaehyun were close friends. Since then, Jaehyun never hung out with him.

"Blud, you alright?" Mark comes out of his room with a paper in his hand. He knows that his brother is preparing for the debate competition so he doesn't want to stress him out anymore.

He nods at him. "How's that going?" He points at his paper.

Mark shrugs. "Not good. I've been... disheartened lately."

"By disheartened, do you mean not having any inspiration?" He teases, just to lighten up the mood. "Do you think I don't know that you like Chelsie?"

Mark blinks, hiding his surprise. "W-What?"

He suppresses a laugh. "So why haven't you told her yet? I don't think she's seeing anyone."

Sighing, Mark looks away. "She already likes Jeno. I guess I'm a little too late."

He taps his brother's shoulder. "It's never too late, Mark. Tell her first so you won't have any regrets."

Mark shakes his head. "I don't know. I don't want to ruin my friendship with Jeno either."

This time, it's his turn to sigh. Mark always values other people's feelings over his, kind of like Traze. "It's your choice to make, blud."

****

Taeyong must've been in deep sleep because the moment he hears Mark's voice yelling at him and slapping him to wake him up, his first instinct is to strangle his brother and demand for an acceptable reason as to why he's suddenly waking him up in the middle of the night.

"Traze is missing!"

Those words make him flinch in bed. Almost at an instant, he's already standing up, not even hearing out Mark. He takes his phone from the bed and sees several missed calls from an unknown number. "If you don't come, it might be too late for you to save this girl."

He doesn't even think twice to call the number, but it's already turned off. "Fuck," he yells, glancing at his brother on the side. "It's Miller! I know it's him. He took her. If he wants revenge, he could've just taken me." He starts to ramble, pacing back and forth. "I'm going to kill him with my own hands."

"No!" Mark counters. "Are you hearing yourself now? If you kill him, you'll end up in jail, just like our father. Maybe that's what he wants. He's setting us up."

"What do you want me to do then? He's going to kill her, Mark! Traze is out there alone with him!" He bites his lower lip, trying to control his temper. "I have to find her."