Prologue

"I remembered the sound of the heavy rain falling on the rooftop. I usually loved the rain. My mum would sing me a lullaby to get me to sleep. My dad would be knocking on the door to check on us. And then, he'd join mum to sing even though he really couldn't get the right pitch.

But that time, it was different. I wasn't in my room. I wasn't in the arms of mum or dad. In fact, I couldn't see anything but darkness. I wanted to fight back. But I couldn't. My mouth was covered with a cloth, making it hard for me to breathe. I was helpless.

And then, I heard a door slamming and footsteps coming my way. There was a screeching sound. It was as if someone was dragging something I couldn't point out. "No. Please. Don't hurt my child. Just take my life."

Dad.

"Sorry, old man. I'm not a bad person. I just really had to do it." The voice of the other guy was husky and scary. I had never encountered someone with that voice. It was like hearing the voice of Satan.

"Please. I'll give you anything," I heard dad pleading once again, as I tried to control my tears.

Then, something clicked and a loud shot echoed inside the room, deafening my ears. Just like that, I knew dad was gone.

And now, I'm next..."

****

A/N: Tell me what you think about this prologue and the trailer? It'll be highly-appreciated! ;)