Thirty One: Great Heart and the Three Tests

CHELSIE has been in an unbelievably bad place so it's understandable that she almost forgot she's turning 18 today

CHELSIE has been in an unbelievably bad place so it's understandable that she almost forgot she's turning 18 today. But, seeing her friends' effort to surprise her by coming to Eton and bringing a small cake made her realize that she still has reasons to smile. "Lads, you didn't have to do all these," she tells them, fighting the tears already forming in her eyes.

Her sappy thoughts get interrupted, when she feels a sticky finger landing on her right cheek. She flinches, realizing that Haechan just put an icing on her face. "HEY!" She exclaims, causing the guys to burst more into laughter.

"There! You're smiling again." Haechan sneers in victory.

She arches a brow at him. "Only because you're a tease!"

"Aren't you supposed to be thanking us?" Haechan counters back, licking the icing on his finger.

She takes a breath and looks at them. Haechan and Jisung are her friends since primary school. They basically grew up together so they know everything about each other. They know exactly when one is sad, angry, frustrated or just not in the mood. But she doesn't really like being sentimental infront of them because she knows they're going to tease her for it. But she figured this is the perfect time to do so. "Thank you," she starts to speak. "Not only for today, but for all those times you were there for me."

"You don't expect us to cry, do you?" Jisung says, awkwardly flashing a smile.

Before Chelsie can even speak again, Haechan already pulls them into a group hug. "I love you guys."

Jisung makes a barfing sound, as he quickly pushes them away, while Chelsie tries to hold onto the cake in her hands. "I think we need to go to the hospital and celebrate with mum and Traze," she tells them.

Not long after, they arrive at the hospital and Chelsie gets surprised, seeing the words "Happy birthday, Chelsie!" plastered on the wall of Traze's room. She doesn't speak for a moment, still trying to soak it in, before finally moving towards her sister and hugging her. "You guys, why are you making me cry today?" She says, turning to her mum and her friends again.

"It's all their idea, hun," her mum says, already spreading her arms and waiting for Chelsie's hug.

She finally walks over to her mum and hug her tight. She wouldn't want to wish for anything more than for her family to be healthy and happy always. It may sound cheesy, but that's all she wants right now.

After being overwhelmed with all the surprise, Chelsie goes home, even if she wants to stay at the hospital. She understands her mum though. She needs to go home so she can study well for their end-of-half-term exams. As someone on a scholarship, she can't afford to fail in any one of her subjects. But with everything that's going on right now, it makes it really hard for her to concentrate.

She flips on her notes and tries to remember every bit of information she can store in her head. Normally, she doesn't have to try hard enough to study. But her mind is clouded with thoughts of her mum and sister. Then, she remembered she just agreed to join the Visual Arts Society as well, in which the youngest prince is a part of.