Twenty Seven: The Boy Who Found Fear At Last

WHEN TRAZE finally wakes up, she immediately notices the white walls surrounding her, hinting that she's not in her room

WHEN TRAZE finally wakes up, she immediately notices the white walls surrounding her, hinting that she's not in her room. She sees her mum sleeping beside her with her hands supporting her head. Sitting straight up in bed, she tries to remember what happened last night. All she could remember was that she was waiting at the park and then, Taeyong suddenly appeared. Her thoughts get interrupted when the door swings open. Chelsie enters inside the room with a plastic bag in her hands. "Traze, how are you feeling?" the younger one asks, the moment she sees her sister already awake.

Traze just nods and forces a smile. "I'm feeling better."

"Have you eaten yet?" Chelsie asks, placing the bag on the table.

"I'm not hungry. Thank you. How long have I been here?" Traze asks, touching her temple.

Chelsie moves closer to her bed. "Don't you remember what happened last night?" Traze falls silent, shaking her head. "Taeyong brought you here and called us. Mum was so worried."

"I'm sorry," Traze mumbles, looking at her mum.

Chelsie shakes her head. "Don't be sorry, Traze. I heard that you were looking for Mark last night."

Traze nods. "We were. Did Taeyong find him?"

"Yeah. He was back at their dorm, but he couldn't call Taeyong because his phone died down."

"That's a relief, then. How about... Taeyong? Where is he?" she asks hesitantly.

"He's still outside. He didn't go home at all. Mum already thanked him and told him that he could leave, but he insisted to stay." Chelsie shrugs. "I guess he's worried about you."

I doubt that, Traze thinks. But she can't believe that Taeyong really stayed. She reckons she should at least thank him for helping him despite the misunderstanding that they had last night. "Is he still outside then?"

Chelsie nods, as Traze prepares to stand up, but the former stops her. "Where are you going?"

"I want to thank him," Traze answers.

Before Chelsie can even respond, their mum wakes up, looking at them. "Traze, hun... are you feeling alright now?"

"Yes, mum. Can Chelsie help me see Taeyong outside for a bit?" Traze asks.

Mrs. Collins pauses, looking at her, then she finally nods. "Alright, but only for a minute." Chelsie helps her sister to stand up and assists her all the way outside her room. When they reach outside, Taeyong is nowhere to be found. "He was here a few minutes ago," Chelsie says. "Maybe he just went somewhere a bit."

Traze sighs in disappointment, as they went back inside her room. She was hoping to see him and thank him for helping her so she instructs Chelsie to wake her up if she ever sees Taeyong outside again. For now, she needs to gain her energy back for her to find another job. She doesn't want to be a burden to her mum and sister, but everytime she thinks that way, she always gets herself in trouble. Maybe I should consider Prince Jaehyun's offer already, she thinks to herself, as she dozes off.