Three: The King's Children

"ARE YOU ready, Jae?" Jaehyun hears the voice of his older brother approaching

"ARE YOU ready, Jae?" Jaehyun hears the voice of his older brother approaching. When he turns around, he sees him wearing his casual white polo shirt, as oppose to his formal black suit over coat. "Are you going to a charity or a meeting?" his older brother teases, smiling.

"Johnny, don't start," he answers, looking at himself in the mirror. He doesn't want to wear a formal suit for the event, but their secretary insists that he wears it so he does.

"Alright. I'm sorry. But why can't you just loosen up? You don't have to follow everything." Johnny taps his brother's back.

He turns to look at his brother. "But press people are coming. We have to look presentable."

Johnny lets out a sigh. "That's exactly why I don't wanna be the next in throne."

"I wish I can be like you," he admits.

"You know you always have a choice, Jae."

He nods. "But I don't wanna disappoint the King and Queen."

"You mean like what I'm doing now?"

He shakes his head. "It's not that, Johnny."

"Jaehyun! Johnny!" A younger guy in suit runs towards them.

"Jeno!" Johnny exclaims at their youngest brother. "What's the fuss?"

"They're coming!" Jeno announces, still panting.

The three stand up in line, as the door cracks open, revealing the King and Queen. They bow their heads in respect, as they approach them.

"Future Kings, I expect you to be in your best behaviour during the event. We won't be there to watch you. I want you to do what you're supposed to do without failing."

"Yes, father," the three answers in sync.

"My children, take good care of yourselves." The Queen kisses each of them on the cheek, before they leave.

****

THEY ARRIVE at the orphanage an hour later. True enough, there are already a lot of media people surrounding the area. But the royal guards block them to make way for the Princes. Johnny leads his brothers, as they enter inside the orphanage. Their royal butler, Antoine briefs them while walking until they reach a room where the children are waiting for them.

"Good morning, Prince Johnny, Prince Jaehyun and Prince Jeno!" The children chorus, as they bow their heads at them.

The Princes smile upon seeing the kids. "Good morning! Are you ready to have fun today?" Johnny asks in his usual cheerful tone.

The kids nod and jump up and down. "Do you want to see animals?" Jaehyun asks next. They all cheer in excitement.

"Do you want to eat lots of food?" Jeno asks this time, smiling at them.