Thirty Three: The Letter

It has been a few days since Traze got out of the hospital

It has been a few days since Traze got out of the hospital. It still feels weird for her knowing that she's unwell. Her doctor said that she should avoid getting herself bleed and she has a long list of medications and food to avoid. Other than that, she looks healthy and normal on the outside, but she can't be too reckless otherwise she might end up dead any minute.

She brings out her journal and reads the goals she wants to achieve before turning 30. She obviously needs to improvise that now. She has to do all those as much as she can. She reviews it and crosses out those she's already done. But looking at it, she has only done one and that is volunteer at charity events.

Number one on her list is still yet to be accomplish and that is probably the hardest of them all. "Tell Prince Jaehyun how much I admire him," she mumbles to herself. Shaking her head, she pushes the door to Izzy's flat, entering inside.

"Look who's back!" Izzy's voice echoes inside the room, almost deafening Traze. In an instant, everyone in the room rushes toward her and gives her a welcoming hug and pat.

"Hey, easy there! My bestfriend is still recovering," Izzy stops the other guys from crowding Traze and finally gives her a long hug.

"Feels good to be back, eh?" Doyoung asks her.

Traze nods, looking at each one of them. "Yeah, it does."

After everyone has finally calm down, they go back to playing their instruments. Traze doesn't recognize most of the songs they are playing, which only means they have composed a lot of new songs while she was at the hospital. She feels like a proud mum in that moment. Lotus was an underrated band, not until they played at the birthday bash of the second prince. Now, they are being booked by pubs and events.

Her thoughts drift away, as she listens to Lotus practicing their songs. She tries to imagine how she will tell the prince how much she admires him. If only she knows his number, it would be easier to just send him a text message or maybe even email. But that won't even be a possibility because her phone is rubbish and she doesn't have a laptop to begin with.

Maybe she should just skip that and move on to her second goal. Go on an out of town trip with friends. "That sounds more possible," she thinks to herself. "We can hike up a mountain and camp under the stars too. That way I'll be doing two of my goals in one go."

"What was that?" Kun asks, startling her from behind.

"Jesus! Kun, you scared me!" She exclaims, holding onto her chest.

Kun stifles a laugh. "Sorry. I heard you mumbling something about a hiking and camping?"

"What?" Izzy exclaims this time, looking at Traze. "You're going where?"

Traze heaves a sigh. "It's just that I want us to go out of town, maybe go hiking and camping on the weekend? Are you in?"

"Are you kidding? Of course we're in! Right lads?" Izzy looks at the guys, who all nod and clap in excitement. Just then, Taeil speaks up. "Wait! We still have exams next week."

Doyoung pushes him playfully. "Since when did you care about that?"

Taeil scratches his head in defeat. The others continue to tease him, while Traze already crosses her number 2 and 3 goals in her mind. Weekend, here we come!

****

When Traze comes back home, she sees Chelsie packing her things in suitcase and boxes, confusing her. There is no way Chelsie is running away from home. She has no reason to and even if she wants to, she has no money. She can't think of a reasonable excuse for her sister to do this.

She takes a breath, moving closer to her sister. When Chelsie notices her, she almost jumps in fright. "Oh God! Traze, you're home?"

"What's all these, Chelsie?" She asks, trying to hide her fear and worry.

"Oh these! Right! I received a letter from Eton saying I can now move in to the Halls of Residence. We won't have to pay a thing, Traze. It's part of my scholarship!" Chelsie exclaims in excitement.

Traze nods slowly. So she's worried over nothing. "Chelsie, that's great news! So that means you passed all your exams?"

Her sister nods, smiling. "I did. Oh, Traze, I'm so excited yet scared at the same time. I don't know anyone there. Well, except for Mark. But he's a guy. I don't know if Elexa is staying there or not."

She holds her sister's hand to calm her. "Relax, Chelsie. I'm sure you'll do fine there. If not, you can always come back here. But you won't have to travel an hour going to Eton, if you're there."

Chelsie nods. "I know. Yeah, I'll be fine. I can do this."

She smiles, looking at her sister trying to convince herself. If only, she's studying there as well, then she can be with her. But she's not smart like her. And even if she works double jobs, she probably won't afford to study there ever.

Just then, she sees a golden envelope on Chelsie's bed so she picks it up and notices the emblem of Eton on it. "Is this..." she gets cuts off, when her sister speaks. "Yeah, that's the letter from Eton stating that I'm officially a student."

Traze opens the letter and reads it. It's really official now. Her sister is an Eton student. As she continues to read on, she realizes something. "I can write him a letter!"

Chelsie stops and looks at her sister. "Letter? To whom?"

"Oh, ehm... I was just thinking, I should write Prince Jaehyun a letter..." she pauses, gauging her sister's reaction.

"Are you going to confess to the prince that you fancy him all these years?" Chelsie asks, wide-eyed.

"Well, not really..." she lies. "I just want to thank him, that's all. But I don't know how. I can't just go to Eton or to the Palace to talk to him, you know."

Chelsie nods. "That's true. So you're going to write him a letter and post it to him then? What if it gets lost? Or whoever is in charge of the letters to the Palace won't even give it to him?"

She didn't really think of that. "So how will I give it then?"

Chelsie pauses, thinking. Just then, she says in a low voice, "I... might have thought of a way."

"