Six: The Announcement

TAEYONG watches Traze, as she runs out of the room, while holding her dextrose

TAEYONG watches Traze, as she runs out of the room, while holding her dextrose. Her friends follow her trail, trying to stop her from running, but Traze is just so stubborn. Upon hearing that her mum got rushed to the same hospital, she got stunned for a second, then stood up without hesitation. Taeyong may not know her well, but after all that he witnessed today, he realized that Traze was running earlier because she was worried about her mum. He thought it was because she's just really clumsy and careless.

"I guess we have to go home now," Yuta speaks, breaking the silence inside the room. He taps Hansol beside him, gesturing him to go out.

"Are you gonna stay here, mate?" Hansol asks.

Taeyong shakes his head. "Why would I stay here? Come on, Mark." He turns to his brother, who answers him with a frown.

"Aren't you gonna wait for her to come back?" Mark asks.

"She's not my responsibility," Taeyong answers.

"Blud, at least pay the bills for her," Mark says.

"Ye. Judging from her status, she's not capable of paying even the half of her bills," Yuta butts in.

"And now her mum's even hospitalized," Hansol adds.

Taeyong heaves a sigh. "You want me to pay her bills? Alright. I'll pay for it."

Mark smiles. "I'll just go get some coffee."

"Coffee? You know I don't drink coffee. And we're going home, Mark. I'll cook something if you want," Taeyong says.

"We're just gonna wait for her to come back and then, we'll leave. Alright?" Mark looks at his brother and waits for his answer.

Taeyong really hates it when Mark's being all nice to everyone. He knows his brother can't help it though. "Alright," he finally says.

♚♚♚

MARK heads out of the room and searches for the vending machine. When he reaches the corner near the nurses's station, he sees it immediately, but someone catches his eye upon reaching the machine. A girl is sitting on the chair next to it, her palms covering her face. She looks like she's been crying.

Mark passes by infront of her and places the coins in the machine. When the 2 cups of coffee are done, he takes them, clearing his throat. "Uh, can I sit here?" he asks.

The girl finally looks up and sees him. Her face has become red from crying, but she still looks pretty with her blonde hair and doe-like eyes. She doesn't respond to him so Mark just takes the seat next to her.

"Coffee?" he offers, handing the cup to her. The girl looks at him for a second, then covers her face with her palms again and continues to sob. "You know what, I remember crying so much when my mum died. I was only like 5 years old back then. I cried so much that I thought my eyes would dry up and not produce any more tears," he finishes, stifling a laugh.