Can't Live Without You

A/N: Just a really short fanfic that I had originally posted on Instagram, so I made it into a long one shot. It has 24 chapters and a lot of credit goes to alexisissorandom because she helped with it! Hope you all like it, let me know! 😘

Julie's pov:

Chapter 1

My name is Juliana Curtis and I'm 17 years old. I have a twin brother named Soda, a younger brother that's 15, named Ponyboy and an older brother named Darry. He's 21, and our legal guardian since our parents died recently.  I've been dating Dallas Winston for 2 years and the only people that I know are Soda, his best friend Steve, and my best friend, Johnny Cade. Neither Ponyboy or Darry know. I know if Darry ever did, I'd be dead. He treats me like a baby and tries protect me much more than I need.

Chapter 2

My boyfriend Dally rents a tiny studio apartment that he barely fits in. He sleeps on a tiny pull out couch right next to the bathroom. One day, we were sitting on the couch, talking, when there was a knock at the door.

'I've got it, Dal,' I said and got up. As soon as I opened the door I saw the tan, tearstained, bloody face of my best friend, Johnny standing there.

'Johnny! What happened?!' I yelled, rushing him inside. His parents beat him all the time, but he'd never looked this bad. Usually he just has a few bruises, but this was something new. His nose was bleeding, there was a huge gash from his forehead to his cheek, and he was crying. It took a lot to make someone so strong like him cry.

'Was it the Socs again?' I asked and helped ease him onto the couch.

'Dally,' I said, wiping Johnny's tears. 'Go get him some paper towel and an ice pack.' He immediately went, and not because he was my boyfriend. Johnny was Dally's pet, his little brother, almost like his son.

A moment later he came back, put the ice pack on Johnny's forehead and started dabbing at his nose.

'What happened?' Dally asked, concerned.

'I... I dunno. I was with Ponyboy, and then I went home and my parents were drunk. More so than usual... And...' He took a deep breath, but wasn't crying anymore. I rubbed his back.

'Yeah?' I tried to get him to keep going.

'I... I don't know what happened. I walked in and my mom threw me on the floor and yelled at me and my dad just kept giving punch after punch... Then I woke up after a little bit on the front steps. I came straight here.' He held his head in his hands and I could tell he was in pain.

'Are you gonna be ok?' I asked him. He sighed and fell back a little, sinking into the couch, closing his eyes.

'Cmon,' Dally said, picking Johnny up. 'We're takin' him to the hospital.' He held the door for me and we ran to his truck.

Chapter 3

I hopped into the back seat and Dally set Johnny's head on my lap.

'Johnny,' I said softly. 'You'll be ok. I promise. Everything's ok. Just stay with us,' I said, trying to be calm but in my mind I was screaming. I felt sick and I wanted to cry. I knew inside that Johnny would be ok, I really did, I just didn't know what I would do without him. Johnny Cade was the sweetest most caring person I'd ever met. He was perfect. I'd do anything for him.

Suddenly, Johnny opened his eyes.

'I'm ok, Julie. Really, I'll be alright.' He looked around and noticed that we were in Dally's truck.