Gang Imagine

"Okay, I'll meet you there, Two," I say into the phone. A good friend of mine, Two-Bit Mathews just called and asked me to meet him at the diner. I don't have a car still, so I have to walk there. Putting a blade in my pocket, I decide to walk over to the Curtis's first. Maybe Sodapop will want to walk with me. Or maybe Dally'll be there and would want to come to the movie with us. It's not that I need to be protected, I just like having someone to walk with. I like having someone to talk to, and the Socs would be less likely to jump a girl if they had a tall, muscular guy with her. Better safe than sorry, right?

I knock on their door when I get there. They're my best friends, all of them, and they always say that I can just come in if I want, but I want to make sure.

"Come in!" A voice yells, without even asking who it is. Must have been Ponyboy.

"Man, guys. Keeping your door unlocked and just tellin' people to come in like you do without asking who's there is gonna get you kidnapped sooner or later!" I exclaim. Ponyboy laughs.

"Well, it hasn't yet." I nod. It was true, the closest they had even gotten to being kidnapped was probably getting jumped by the Socs.

"Well anyways, does anyone want to come to the diner with Two-Bit and I? He's buying, as far as I know," I say with a laugh. Everyone's here, except for Darry. And Two-Bit, of course.

"Nah, Johnny and I are gonna head out. Big party at Bucks tonight. Maybe I'll see you around?" Dally asks. I shrug.

"Maybe. Depending on if Two-Bit wants to, and on whoever comes with," I explain. He nods, and walks out, Johnny on his tail.

"I can't. Have to get to work. Soda too. He's just on break right now. I'm closing tonight," Steve says. He works part time at the DX and Soda's full time there. They both get up and wave goodbye, then walk out the door.

"Oh. Okay. That just leaves you then, Pony. You coming?" I ask him. He shrugs.

"Yeah, I guess so. I've got nothing better to do," He admits. I laugh.

"Okay. C'mon. He's probably waiting for me," I say. I walk out the door, and he follows.

"Did Two-Bit say why he wanted to see you?" Ponyboy asks me. I shake my head.

"No, he probably just wants to hang out," I tell him. The diner is about a 5 minute drive from the Curtis's, but since we don't have a car, it was more like a 10-20 minute walk. Pony and I, engrossed in a conversation about some new movie he saw yesterday, are walking particularly slow, so it'll probably be a longer walk than normal.

"H-hey, Ambrin," Ponyboy says, interrupting what I was saying and pointing at the street. That's when I saw it. The damn blue mustang. It was trailing us a few yards behind, so if we ran we could probably ditch them in time.

"Keep your head down and run," I whisper to him. At that, we both start sprinting down the sidewalk. But of course, cars go faster than people. It sped up, and was suddenly right beside us. Ponyboy and I look at each other, terrified.

"Pretend you don't notice them?" Ponyboy suggests, but it sounds more like a question than a direction. We both take a second to catch our breath, then start walking quickly. I can hear the guys getting out of their car and I tense a bit.

"Okay," I whisper back, doing as told.

"Hey, greasers. What's up?" A Soc asks from behind us. I don't respond.

"What, you ignoring me?" He asks. I don't even recognize the voice. When we again don't respond, I can hear him running towards us.

"Ponyboy," I whisper yell, grabbing his hand nervously.

"Oh, so you do talk," The Soc says, appearing in front of us. I try to walk around him, but he pushes me down.

"I have a switchblade in my pocket," I warn him. Out of the corner of my eye I see Ponyboy running away. I don't say anything out loud, not wanting him to get hurt, but is he ditching me?

"That's good to know. I might have to use that later," He threatens. That's when I stand up, and try to get it out of my back pocket. But I guess I did it too late, because I hear a couple of car doors slamming. I start breathing heavily, but lurch towards the Soc with my blade. I feel two other guys grab my shoulders to stop me before the blade hits the guy.

He takes it out of my hand as his two henchmen forcefully push me back onto the concrete. He sits to the side of me and starts to bring the blade to my neck. Is he trying to kill me?! No, I realize after a moment, he's just giving me a few scrapes. I can't get up, or it'll go right through my neck, so I kick and scream until someone shoves a dirty, old, smelly cloth in my mouth. Then someone sits on my legs. As painful as it is, my neck is stinging, I can't do anything but lay there and take it...

But suddenly I hear a voice.

"Ambrin? Ambrin, are you okay?" It asks. Darry. I try to respond, I try to say something, anything, but it's kind of hard to through the cloth. I see the other guys there, Ponyboy, Dally, Two-Bit and Johnny, Steve an Soda. They start attacking the Socs and screaming at them to leave.

After a moment, there isn't anyone on top of me anymore. Dally's in a fist fight with the guy with the knife, Pony and Johnny are taking on one of the henchmen, Soda and Steve with the other. I take the rag out of my mouth and Darry runs over to me, taking me in his arms and embracing me. He helps me sit up, I could barely move.

"Are you okay?" He asks. Tears stream down my face and he wipes them away, one by one. He and I have always been close friends, even if he's three years older than me.

"Yeah, I'm just a little spooked," I say, my voice wobbling. I take a deep breath. He smiles at me, rubbing my back.

"Did you have a blade on you?" He asks me. I nod.

"Y-yeah. I did, they just... they took it. That's what he was cutting me with," I explain.

"Well, they aren't gonna hurt you again. I promise," He says. After another few minutes of just sitting there, I hear the Socs driving away.

All of the guys run over to me. Immediately, Two-Bit and Soda drop down next to me on one side with Ponyboy on the other. Johnny and Steve stay in the back, watching. Dally, who I don't see, is probably still chasing the Mustang.

"I'm sorry I left, Ambrin. I went to go get help," He explains. I laugh.

"Thank you, Pony," I say, reaching my arms out. He leans down and hugs me.

"I'm sorry too," Soda says.

"Steve and I should have walked with you," He says. I shrug.

"You had to get to work." Then it was Two-Bit's turn to apologize.

"I should have picked you up, Ambrin. I'm really sorry," He says. I smile through my tears.

"Thanks guys. Now why don't we go somewhere so I can get cleaned up?" I suggest. Darry, Soda and Steve have to get back to work, but Ponyboy, Two-Bit, Dally, Johnny and I all walk back to my house. They help me treat my scrapes, and then we hang out for the rest of the day.

A/N: Requested by something_outsiders! This was the first gang imagine I've ever written, so I hope it's okay! Let me know💕 -Katy