Darry Mini Imagine #1

You go to the creek and he tells you he's in love with you

"I'll race you there, Olivia!" Darry yelled. I had just gotten out of school for the summer, college, and Darry was on a vacation from work. We decided to go hang out at the creek. I didn't plan to go in, I wasn't the best swimmer, but it was less than a quarter of a mile away, very close, and something we didn't do very often, so I figured 'why not?'. Anyways, it was pretty there.

I took off running, but thanks to football, Darry was a lot faster than me. He would have made it long before me, but he decided to dumb down his running skills towards the end so we'd make it relatively around the same time.

Towards the end of our run, I tripped over something. It might have been a bush, or a vine or something, but I still screamed as I went tumbling. Darry tried to catch me, but I ended up in the creek, thrashing and screaming. Like I said, I could barely swim. I was sinking lower and lower by the second, and I was terrified that I was really going to drown. If you could cry underwater, I probably could. I was coughing as water went up my nose and in my lungs. I was panting, but it wasn't helping.

So this is what drowning feels like, I couldn't help thinking to myself.

I tried to make my way back to the surface, but my chest hurt too much to even move anymore.

So this is how I'm going to die. I had always wondered what would kill me, I just never expected it to be a little creek.

This is it, I thought to myself. This is the end. But then suddenly a body, shirtless, and thrashing too, lifted me up. I had been saved. I closed my eyes as he took me by the waist and swam effortless towards the surface. I would have thanked him, or maybe even kissed him right then and there if I could breathe. He picked me up and laid me on the ground. Everything was dark for a minute, and I think I must have gone unconscious. I was coughing and sputtering, practically choking to death until water came up when I came to. I could see the look of relief on Darry's face, and I felt the same way, knowing I was still alive.

"Are you okay?" Darry asked, at my side in an instant. I laid there for a moment, catching my breath. When I was done, I nodded.

"I'm fine," I muttered. My chest didn't feel fine, but I didn't want him worrying anymore than he probably already had.

"I though I lost you for a minute there," he admitted. God knows he didn't need, or deserve any more losses. My heart broke. I reached over to squeeze his hand.

"I'm sorry," I said, sitting up.

"For what?" He asked. I felt bad.

"I... I didn't mean to scare you," I said. He smiled.

"I'm just happy you're okay," he admitted. I gave him a hug.

"Olivia?" He asked after a moment.

"Yeah?" I responded. He looked me in the eye for a minute, and I wondered what he was doing.

"I love you," he said. My heart skipped a beat as we both leaned in. For the first time in all of the years we'd been friends, Darrel Curtis kissed me.

"I always have," he admitted. I smiled. I had always had a crush on him. I had always wanted to be with him.

"I love you too."