Ponyboy Mini Imagine #16

Seven Minutes In Heaven

It was my best friend Katy's 15 birthday party and the entire gang plus a few of her other friends were over.

"Hey Emily, should we all play 7  Minutes in Heaven now?" Katy asked. We were all standing around dancing, and people were starting to get bored. I nodded and went to go tell the guys. In a minute, we were all sitting in a circle.

"I ain't kissing any of the guys," Dally declared in an instant. Two-Bit looked at him, fake heartbreak on his face.

"I thought what we had was special," he muttered, his lips quivering. I sat straight across from my crush Ponyboy. Next to him was Johnny, and Dally next to him. Katy was right next to me. She didn't know who she was hoping for, but at least someone good. Next to Katy was Darry, who she'd always been good friend with, and then it was Steve and Soda. Even though she was only turning 15, she was only 15, and usually the one that kept the gang in line and behaving.

"Birthday girl goes first," Darry declared, handing Katy the bottle. She shut her eyes and spun it. When she opened them, it had just landed on Dally. He walked over and took her hand. She blushed as they walked towards the coat closet.

"Who's next?" Ponyboy asked. Darry slid the bottle towards me, I could tell he wasn't much in the mood to kiss anyone. I spun it nervously, and when it stopped, I looked to find Ponyboy looking like a deer in the headlights. I froze, blushing.

"C'mon, lovebirds, you can do it!" Two-Bit declared. Ponyboy looked up at me and nodded, and the two of us were off. We went to the closet in his bedroom. I could hear my heartbeat, and I only hoped he couldn't.

"Ponyboy?" I asked. We'd been friends for so long I probably shouldn't have been nervous, but I was.

"Yeah?" He asked, putting his arms around my waist. We stood in the pitch black, holding each other close. Now would be the perfect time to tell him I like him, right? Instead I chicken out and press my lips against his. He pulls back, surprised, but then comes back. I had a half second of worry that he didn't like it.

His tongue felt like sandpaper scraping across mine, but it was nice somehow. It was my first kiss. We didn't break apart for almost four minutes, and when we were done, he was so tired that he sat down on the floor. I did too, right in his lap. It wasn't the first time I had done that, usually all of the seats in the house were taken up by the other guys. He pulled me close and our lips touched again.

"Katy, Dally!" I heard from the living room. Then a knock. That meant we had around two minutes left. We kissed for one, and then he stopped.

"You wanted to tell me something," he said. "What was it?" I blushed, but felt lucky he couldn't see it.

"I like you," I asked. He kissed me, and pulled me down, so I was laying on top of him. "I like you a lot," I murmured. We laid there for a minute, our lips on each other's, but not moving.

"I like you too, Emily," he said, just as there was a knock on the door, signaling that our seven minutes in heaven had ended.