"You're crazy, Maya." Riley had a sense of amusement in her voice before she hung up the phone.

"We're going to dinner with Riley and Lucas next Saturday?" Josh asked her as came to his side of the bed and pulled down the covers. Maya set her phone down on her side table and started copying his movements.

"I think they're coming here, actually. Just gives us a night to catch up." She told her husband as they both climbed in bed at the same time. Josh smiled at her.

"That will be nice." He said as he reached over and turned off his lamp. Maya shifted and turned her lamp off as well before she turned on her side and lied down.

There was a moment of silence before Josh scooted closer towards her and wrapped his arms around her waist. He pulled her closer towards him and her back was now resting against his chest as he moved his leg so that theirs linked together. Josh rested his head in the crook of Maya's neck, kissed it, and breathed her in with a soft sigh.

"One of my co-workers wife announced she was pregnant today." He told her. Maya felt her heart stop. "Except he isn't too excited about it. Said they weren't ready for a child." Josh scoffed. "Can you believe that?" He asked her. "How can anyone not be excited to find out their having a kid. I couldn't believe it." He told her.

"I'm sure they'll change their minds once the baby starts developing." Maya told him as she rested her hand on the arm that was wrapped around her.

"I would hope so. A baby is a beautiful thing. I'd be thrilled if I found out you were pregnant." Maya squeezed his hand but didnt say anything else. A few moments later and Josh's heavy breathing against her neck told her that he had fallen asleep.

Maya stayed up longer, thinking about the outcome of tomorrow's phone call. She didnt want to disappoint him. Josh deserved the world, he deserved a baby. He had wanted one for so long. She just hoped that she could give him one.

That next day Maya was waiting on pins and needles as she waited by the phone for it to ring. Riley had already called her twice to ask if she had heard anything. Josh would be at work for another couple of hours and Maya really hoped that the phone call would come while he was still there.

Finally, at four, the phone rang. Maya rushed to pick up the phone.

"Hello?" She asked as she crossed her fingers on her free hand.

"Mrs. Matthews?" The voice on the other end asked. Maya felt her heart swell, she couldn't help it. Every time she heard someone call her by her married last name, it made her feel complete.'

"Yes?" Maya asked.

"My name is Tracy, I have your results on your blood work." She said. "We are pleased to inform you that you are about eight weeks along. Congratulations, Mrs. Matthews!" Maya almost let out a scream of excitement, but she held it together.

"Thank you!" She exclaimed. "Thanks you so much!" Maya hung up the phone and stopped for a moment. She was pregnant. She really was pregnant. She was going to have a baby, she was going to be a mother.

She kept repeating these sentences over and over in her head as she tried to let it sink it. Her and Josh were going to be parents. Josh. With a huge smile, Maya remembered her husband who was at work, no doubt trying to talk sense into his co-worker about his wife and new baby on the way.

He would be home soon. Hurrying into the kitchen to start dinner, she called Riley to tell her the good news. Maya wasn't a very good cook. In fact, Josh mostly did the cooking, otherwise they would just order takeout. But this was a special occasion, and Maya was going to attempt to try and cook the only thing she really knew how. Chicken.