Chapter 11- WEAKNESSES

"Ouch,ouch,ouch...."

   I managed to hold in a smile while Lucas made a fuss about lifting weights.

   Jason seemed very annoyed at the pained Lucas who had dropped a set of weights on his own feet while trying to raise the bar over his head. I sat upon a metal bench lifting a weight with my right hand, having no difficulties.

   Jason lifted the weight from Lucas' feet and sat it on the stand, eyeing Lucas in an annoyed fashion.

"Maybe you should start out with a simpler weight, like Celeste's, then move to something heavier like that," Jason gestured to the stand,"...when you can handle it."

   Once again I managed to remain in control of my emotions while Lucas scrambled to select a weight similar to mine. He seated himself next to me and smiled as he began to exercise. Jason took a sip from his water bottle and sat facing us.

" I think we can work on a few more techniques in the ring, then you guys will be free to go tonight."

   I nodded and responded to Jason.

"What techniques will we work on tonight?"

   His eyes held a mysterious glint and Jason smirked.

"Something you will find very handy, I can assure you."

-

"Wait...you want us to fight each other ?"

   Lucas glanced in my direction and crossed his arms, looking very concerned.

"Yes, that is exactly what you both will do. You both would work well with each other and will counter each other's strengths and weaknesses. It's a great teamwork exercise."

" Last time I fought her, things didn't go well..."

  He was talking about the time he hit me, I smiled.

   Jason glanced between Lucas and I, smiling. This should be fun...

   I yawned, shifting my attention to Lucas. He slowly nodded at Jason, in agreement, but it was obvious that he had no desire to fight against me. I rose an eyebrow and spoke up,

"It's actually not a bad plan. Jason is tired of getting beat by girls..."

   Lucas smiled and laughed wildly. He sobered up quickly when Jason glared at him. Jason locked eyes with mine and smirked.

" I intend to warm up while you both practice," Jason winked, "Then we will see who is really the strongest as I take on the winner of your fight."

  Flexing my arm, I smiled and glanced between the two of them.

"I guess we'll see about that..."

   I ducked under the worn ropes to the ring and glanced behind me.

"Lucas, are you coming in the ring or not?"

  I adjusted my gloves and leaned against a corner of the ring. He nodded and ducked under the ropes, facing me. I faced Jason waiting for him to signal the fight, I felt Lucas' eyes linger on my form before turning his attention to Jason.

   Jason smiled and nodded, crossing his arms casually as my eyes locked with Lucas. I studied his form. His arms were raised and his feet were placed firmly on the ground. I took notice in the thin droplets of sweat that fell across his forehead. Lucas steadied his breath, his light eyes staring back into mine.

He's waiting on me to make the first move.

   I focused on my first move, taking action and lunging towards Lucas. I swung my right arm at Lucas, watching as he blocked the blow, following it with one of his own. I reacted swiftly and ducked towards the ground, using a swift kick to knock Lucas off balance.