forty two

Dear Melanie,

That sounds too formal, oh God. Anyway, I know that Calum is the only one who writes you notes (does he still do that?), but I felt like this would be something a bit out-of-the-ordinary for me to do. Like, in a good way.

As far as I know, you're not dating Cal, right? We need to discuss that, because you always seemed so nervous whenever you spoke of your relationship(?) with him.
I'm not asking you out, that's the last thing I'd do (why did that sound so rude oh my God)(I didn't mean for it to). I just want to catch up.

Out of all of our friends, I believe I'm closest to you and Ashton. We have talked very minimally in the past two months, I don't like that. I've missed you like crazy, if I have to be honest.

You and Calum missed a lot while you were gone:

- Aries cheated on Luke (she still hasn't given him a reason), which led to him dumping her. We were all kind of surprised by it, they had the whole 'highschool sweethearts' thing going for them.

- Jonah dumped Alexis because he thought she didn't like him as much as he liked her (ironic, no? The tables have turned!)

- Alexis asked Ashton back out and he's genuinely considering it, which Luke and I find absolutely ridiculous.

- On our first day of football practice, one of the guys asked how I got on the team. Nobody really knew, especially me.

- Ashton tried explaining the situation to the coach about the strikes against his spot on the team, but coach yelled at him and made him do extra laps.

- I was stupid enough to talk back to the coach and tell him what he was doing wasn't fair, which led to the entire team having to do extra laps.

Apart from that, it's been fairly boring without you here. I hope you had a fun time on your roadtrup, because a harsh reality is here to welcome you back; school starts in a week.

I'll see you later, hopefully?

xx,

Michael

PS: unlike Calum, when I say I want to catch up and it's not a date, I mean it.

PPS: This was nearly a dollar to mail to your house. Why are stamps so expensive?

PPPS: Last one, I promise, but we need to redye your hair. How does Saturday sound?