Sincerity is Scary 🦋

HARRY

And why would you believe you could control how you're perceived
When at your best you're intermediately versed in your own feelings?

Harry was rushing, he'd given Zayn a time for them to meet at the cafe and he was running late. He wasn't to begin with but after being stopped for numerous pictures and trying and failing to dodge the paparazzi who were still tailing him he had ended up running late. He quickened his footsteps when the door of the cafe finally came into view, knowing refuge lay within. He knew when he left his place earlier that it was probably a horrible idea to leave on foot but it was a beautiful day out and he wanted a walk, a choice that he heavily regretted at the moment.

He rushes in and searches for Zayn real quick before seeing him buried in another sketchbook, leisurely sketching the road outside with a slight smile on his face bobbing his head along to whatever music was playing on the headphones he had on. Something about the sight made Harry's heart clench painfully and he had to stop for a second and just watch, after talking to his closest friends all night last night he had walked in here ready to tell Zayn the way he felt and see where things went from there but right now seeing Zayn so relaxed made him unsure. He knew his life came with a lot of baggage, privacy was a distant dream and exposing Zayn who seemed so reserved and quiet into a world like that didn't seem like the kindest thing he could do to the guy. Once the media caught on to just how much the artist meant to Harry every tiny bit of his life would be scrutinized by the media and the world, stories about him ( most of them untrue ) would be all over social media and there would never be any more sitting calmly in coffee shops and sketching for him.

Harry wanted to be selfish just this once, he wanted to do this for himself without thinking of the consequences and just let go for a second. He knew tho that this wasn't just about him. This was about Zayn, Zayn who had taken quite a while to properly open up to him yet the same Zayn that had captured his attention ever since he saw him nearly face plant into the conference room all of those months ago. He couldn't disregard Zayn's comfort and so he was gonna do what was right.

He was gonna put a smile on his face, wipe off any thought of telling the man how he felt and was going to go enjoy a coffee with Zayn. He was sacrificing a lot cause he had a feeling this could have been something great so he thought the least he could do for himself was have a coffee with the man he was letting go. Just this once.