• eighteen (end) •

departing his boys, seungcheol, and jeonghan was bittersweet. jihoon knew it was bound to happen one day but he preferred it this way. he was okay with leaving because he knew he could come back, no one was gone forever. even on the plane with soonyoung he couldn't get the sad look on everyone's face out of his head. jeonghan's red and puffy eyes, seungcheol's clenched fists, the boys all avoiding his glaze. jihoon knew he didn't want to go but he would to whatever it took to keep soonyoung safe.

"we'll be back again, don't forget us." jihoon's final words reflected in his mind. once he said that everyone looked to him and he just smiled as he held onto soonyoung's hand dearly. jihoon and soonyoung were pulled into a hug from all of the boys and there wasn't many tears but it felt just as sad without them.

their flight was going to land soon and it was going to be the beginning of soonyoung and jihoon's forever. to be honest, jihoon was nervous. he hadn't ever lived a normal life all he knew was misery and violence. sure, jihoon was charismatic and very intelligent but that didn't mean he was considered normal to society. jihoon was scared.

"soonyoung?" jihoon called and the boy looked to him with a smile.

"yes?" soonyoung answered as he kept his smile on his face. jihoon loved his smile, but that's not the point.

"im scared.." jihoon said with a worried look and soonyoung pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead. soonyoung didn't know the true feeling of how jihoon had suffered and he knew there was trauma that came with it but nonetheless soonyoung wasn't leaving anytime soon.

"it's okay, i'm here. i'll protect you!" soonyoung said with a huge smile and jihoon couldn't help but grin a bit. just like that soonyoung melted jihoon's worries away with ease.

the plane landed and once the two got off they found themselves in an unfamiliar place. jihoon spoke english but he had never been to a place where he had to utilize his skill. he heard people chattering around him and understood but did not comprehend.

"this is weird.." soonyoung said and jihoon nodded in agreement. jihoon just clung to soonyoung's hand and the two began walking. they were hoping to find the exit.

they ended up finding it fairly quickly and once they left the found themselves just as confused as before. jihoon managed to call a taxi, soonyoung impressed by his english skills, and the two made it to their apartment after much stress.

"i'm so tired," soonyoung mumbled as he plopped onto the couch. jihoon didn't respond he just cuddled up to his side which soonyoung took as jihoon feeling the same.

"you sounded so cool speaking english.. can you teach me english?" soonyoung asked as he swooned over jihoon. jihoon just sat there quietly as he held onto soonyoung tightly.

"since you're not answering i'm gonna take that as a yes!" soonyoung chimed and jihoon just smiled sleepily. they were both incredibly happy even though they were confused in this unfamiliar place. they still had each other.

"hoonie! say something to me in english!" soonyoung said as he was still on the english thing. jihoon sat up and cupped soonyoung's face in his hands and spoke gently.

"i love you. thank you for staying by my side, please never go."

"i don't know what you said but i agree!"

fin.

• author's notes •

bro wtf im ending all my books there's only one actual book then my one shot book ongoing .. soooooo you know what that means !!!! it's time for a new book!!! ik most people skip through this so

please read this part ! for my next book im thinking of doing a non svt ship so leave me your favorites !! i was thinking abt either changlix, minsung, or woosan but im not sure.. so pls let me know !!

now .. thank you so so much for supporting and reading this book to completion! thank you to my readers who supported me and kept me writing even when i felt deterred. you are all really amazing. i lub you !!

-lilly <3