• seven •

over the next two weeks jihoon would have lunch with soonyoung ever day. soonyoung was recovering at a fast pace and enjoyed the time he spent with jihoon so he was concerned when jihoon didn't come in for lunch today.

soonyoung decided to get up. he had gotten up and walked around once in the past with jihoon. last week they did a little bit of walking but didn't get very far because soonyoung began to feel dizzy. soonyoung's wound had healed more since then and he got himself out of bed but before he could take his first step jeonghan opened the door and walked in holding a tray.

"soonyoung, you have to lay down. don't get up like that you can tear your stitches," jeonghan warned and helped soonyoung sit down in bed and get ready to eat.

"where's jihoon?" soonyoung asked and jeonghan sighed.

"he's working today, there hasn't been any recent action from the gang so jihoon went out with the boys to do some searching." jeonghan explained and soonyoung looked at him with worried eyes.

"b-but.. what if he gets hurt?" soonyoung asked as he grabbed jeonghan's sleeve.

"he'll be okay. he's smart, jihoon rarely gets hurt." jeonghan reassured soonyoung and he reluctantly nodded.

"hao, keep an eye from the roof. jun, stay subtle and watch for suspicious activity. mingyu and hansol keep your distance from me but not too far. wonwoo will be on our ear pieces watching from cameras, he'll tell us about all that he knows," jihoon said as the boys all hid in an abandoned apartment building that they often used for meetings before missions.

"yes boss," all the boys chimed and jihoon nodded as he left first.

jihoon walked around being extra aware of all of his surroundings. it was too risky to let his guard down. he knew this was quite risky especially because he knew that the jug-im gang was just waiting to attack.

jihoon walked past an empty building and read the name h&h law firm and he immediately felt as if something wasn't right. jihoon continued walking as if nothing had happened while he sent wonwoo a text.

"h&h law firm?" wonwoo asked himself as he did a quick search.

the building had been abandoned for nearly five years after the h&h brothers went bankrupt because of their horrible law work. nothing seemed suspicious but wonwoo checked the cameras near the building and checked yixing's phone for any mention of the h&h law firm.

wonwoo mumbled an oh fuck as he saw footage of a few men dressed in black entering the building and no one exiting. he continued and saw that there were texts on yixing's phone talking about the building as well. wonwoo came onto the ear piece as he informed the boys.

"h&h law firm, a building on the corner of *** street and *** street. showed three maybe four men all dressed in black entering the building and not leaving. messages on yixing's phone confirm that the building is a possible meeting hall for the gang."

"should we storm?"

wonwoo didn't know what to do, they hadn't dealt with something this difficult yet. wonwoo wanted to say to storm but he didn't know how many people were there or how armed they were.

"it might be too dangerous. we don't know how many or how armored they are. hao, can you see anything?"

"they've blacked out the windows. they know what they're doing."

"fuck.. come back it's too dangerous."

"woo, i think we can do it."

"jihoon. no. we can't afford for anyone else to get hurt."

then there was silence. no jihoon saying that wonwoo was right or even snarky remarks. wonwoo began to worry, what if jihoon did something stupid?

"someone get eyes on jihoon. now!"

"oh fuck he's running for the building,"

"don't let him go in there!"

"woo, it's gyu and he's in."

"son of a bitch! go after him!"

"we can't he barricaded the door and left his ear piece on the ground,"

"fuck."

jihoon held his pistol as he walked quietly. he wasn't sure what got into him to make him act this way but it was too late to go back. he went up the stairs to the second floor where he heard the faint murmurs of voices talking in a foreign language.

jihoon took a deep breath and really took a second to realize how fucked he was. he didn't know how many of them or what they were up to. jihoon just hid by the door and listened for a minute. the conversation sounded like there was maybe four people at most.

jihoon took a deep breath and kicked the door open and held the gun steady as he acted on impulse. he saw four guys like he predicted. time seemed to slow for a second as jihoon analyzed the whole scene.

there was a guy standing at the end of a table, two guys sitting at the table, and the last guy was sitting on the table. jihoon reacted quickly and shot the guy standing in the leg causing him to fall and the guy sitting on the table hurried to the guy who had been shot. the two sitting down stood up and one shot jihoon in the shoulder.

jihoon crouched back down hiding beside the door as he took a deep breath. jihoon peeked around the corner and shot one of the guys who had been sitting right between the eyes, jihoon's signature shot. jihoon could feel the blood dripping out of the wound and he began to feel weak already.

jihoon mumbled a fuck it and ran inside the room and tackled one of the guys and pulled out his dagger and stabbed the guy. jihoon knew there was one more but didn't know where he was.

"you crazy bastard!" the remaining guy yelled as he tried to shoot jihoon but missed and hit the window instead.

jihoon shot hoping his accuracy would be in his favor and it was. he shot the guy right between the eyes. jihoon exhaled and walked to the guy he shot in the leg and held his hand over his wound.

"who the fuck are you?" jihoon asked as he held the gun at the guy and he just stared back.

"fuck.." jihoon said as he took off his belt and flipped over the guy with the leg wound and tied his hands.

"fight back and i'll kill you," jihoon said as he grabbed the boys tied hands and began dragging him.

jihoon walked with one hand on his wound and one hand dragging the now unconscious guy. jihoon removed his weak barricade and opened the door to find mingyu and hansol standing there with their guns out.

"boss?"

jihoon felt dizzy and everything faded to black.

• author's notes •

teehee .. is he gonna be okay? who knows? hmmm

-lilly