• eight •

jihoon woke up in his room. he looked around and noticed the iv in his arm and the throbbing pain coming from his waist. he blinked a few more times as his eyes adjusted to the light.

"jihoon?" jeonghan chimed and jihoon looked over at him.

"you idiot.. im so glad you're awake," jeonghan said as he gently pulled jihoon into a hug.

jihoon winced as he moved a bit to be more comfortable. everything was sort of hazy but all jihoon could remember was getting shot and dragging some idiot outside to the boys.

"what happened?" jihoon asked as he gently rubbed his eyes.

"you got shot. mingyu brought you back here while the rest dealt with that one idiot you kept alive. i had to take you into surgery and you terrified that high school kid. he's been asking about you every day." jeonghan explained as he rambled about soonyoung.

"every day? how long have i been out?" jihoon asked another question and jeonghan sighed.

"almost seventy two hours," jeonghan replied and jihoon groaned.

"what about the one fucker?" jihoon said and jeonghan just smirked.

"got info out of him then disposed of him." jeonghan said sweet and simple. jihoon nodded.

"what about my boys-"

"wonwoo is working to find more dirt. jun and hao are keeping an eye from up top and the alleys. mingyu and hansol have kept guard of the house." jeonghan explained before jihoon could even finish.

"what about soonyoung?" jihoon realized that he hadn't asked about him yet and worry struck him.

"he's recovered enough to do normal day-to-day tasks safely. he visited you every day even if you were a sleep and asked me a million questions. the kid was worried about you," jeonghan said with a smile and jihoon didn't know what to say.

"jeonghan.. if something ever happens to me-"

"yah! don't even start!" jeonghan warned thinking it was something sarcastic but got concerned when he saw jihoon's eyes gloss over.

"please.. jeonghan.. if anything ever happens to me keep him safe," jihoon pleaded as a tear slipped out and rolled down his cheek. jeonghan wiped the tear and smiled a sad smile.

"of course.. i promise," jeonghan replied and jihoon nodded.

"now stop crying! nothing is gonna happen to you! you're a strong boy. now i'm gonna go tell the kid you're awake." jeonghan said with a smile and jihoon nodded.

jihoon wiped his tears away and took a deep breath as jeonghan left. jihoon was left alone for a moment as jeonghan went to get soonyoung. he stared at the ceiling and just got lost in thought. he was thinking about soonyoung and why he was so protective and worried for him. he hadn't felt like this since before kyung died.

jihoon was taken out of thought by soonyoung entering the room slightly out of breath. soonyoung smiled a huge smile as he saw jihoon look at him.

"jihoon!" soonyoung chimed as he grabbed a chair and sat next to his bed.

"hey soonyoung," jihoon said and soonyoung just kept his smiled on his face.

"i missed you.. you said you wouldn't die on me.." soonyoung scolded jihoon who just smiled.

"i'm not dead, am i?" jihoon asked and soonyoung pouted.

"i'm sorry soonyoung, i'll be more careful next time." jihoon said with a smile and soonyoung's frown dissolved.

"my wound is healed! i can do all sorts of stuff now, jeonghan even says i'll have a scar." soonyoung said with a smile and jihoon grinned. his innocence was so precious.

"woah.. jihoon i've never seen you with a short sleeve shirt on before.. you have tattoos?" soonyoung admired the tattoos on jihoon's arms.

"yeah.. i got them to cover up scars," jihoon said as he looked at the tattoos and remembered all of the memories, some nice some not so nice.

"how old are you? don't you have to be a certain age?" soonyoung asked completely oblivious to what types of scars.

"i'm nineteen and the rules are different in a gang," jihoon said and soonyoung let out a small ooohhh as he continued to look at the tattoos.

"they're really pretty," soonyoung said and jihoon felt his face blush a bit.

"thank you.." jihoon replied and soonyoung nodded with a smile.

"do you have more that aren't on your arms?" soonyoung asked with curious eyes.

"yeah i have some on my back and chest," jihoon replied and he knew soonyoung was gonna ask to see them.

"i'll show you when i feel better, okay?" jihoon asked and soonyoung nodded.

soonyoung scooted closer to the bed and rested his head on the bed next to jihoon. jihoon smiled and placed a hand on soonyoung's cheek and gently stroked it.

"are you sleepy? you should go back to your room and sleep.." jihoon asked and soonyoung pouted.

"i'm scared if i leave you'll disappear and get hurt again.." soonyoung replied and jihoon felt his heart melt. how did this stranger have this affect on him?

"then come lay in the bed with me, just be gentle."

"okay!"

• author's notes •

also like btw soonyoung is 18 so it's not like underage romance y'know.. but here's another chap <3 also im not trying to rush their relationship but honestly these chapters are rlly long like they're all 800+ words so it's like twice the length of my chapters in my other books.. it's wack

-lilly