• ten •

jihoon's fever went away within a few days and he began recovering faster than before. he was back on his feet and healthy again within two weeks. soonyoung's wound had healed and started to scar which all of the boys found cool. all of the boys really liked soonyoung and accepted him as if he was family.

today was special compared to other days. today soonyoung was being taught to fight by the gang. as much as jihoon wanted to preserve soonyoung and keep him as gentle as possible it was inevitable. they had no idea when the jug-im would attack and soonyoung was an easy target if he couldn't fight.

everyone gathered, seungcheol and jeonghan included, at the empty area behind the house. soonyoung felt nervous and out of place as he was surrounded by quite buff and threatening men. usually the boys were so soft around soonyoung and seeing them put on their usual gang faces it scared soonyoung.

"against jihoon's objections, we're going to teach you how to fight." seungcheol explained which everyone already knew.

"you're going to go through each of the boy's specialties and whichever you succeed in will become your strong suit. you will train in the other categories as well but you will become especially strong in one way," seungcheol continued and soonyoung nodded. honestly, soonyoung had no idea what everyone's specialties.

"we'll start with basic fist fighting. before we can test you, you need to build up skills." seungcheol said as he removed his tie unbuttoned a few buttons on his shirt.

"dr.yoon, is jihoon well enough to spar with this old man?" seungcheol asked and jihoon groaned as he took off his jacket and holster on his chest.

"i suppose so, but seungcheol i swear you better be gentle and avoid his injury or i will end you mysel-"

"i'll be careful hannie," seungcheol said with a smile and he locked eyes with jihoon.

the boys, aware of what was about to happen, pulled soonyoung closer to them afraid that they would get out of hand. soonyoung just watched carefully as he noticed jeonghan watching with a worried expression as well.

"come at me kid," seungcheol teased and jihoon sighed.

"i'm tired old man- woah! watch it!" jihoon scolded as he dodged a swing from seungcheol and responded with a hit to the ribs.

seungcheol just grinned, he hadn't fought with someone in so long. it was taking much self control to keep from using full force and effort on jihoon. he had to keep in mind that jihoon wasn't completely recovered yet.

jihoon swung and seungcheol caught his arm and punched jihoon in the jaw. before seungcheol could take out jihoon's legs jihoon reacted quickly as he kicked seungcheol's leg, distracting him, and pulling his wrist from seungcheol's grip. seungcheol smirked and continued to swing at jihoon who just dodged every hit until he found the opportunity to strike.

jihoon noticed seungcheol wearing down and kicked out his leg causing seungcheol to fall. he hit the ground and tapped the ground a few times telling jihoon it was over. jihoon nodded and helped the man up.

"jeez.. you still got it grandpa," jihoon teased and seungcheol smiled as he caught his breath.

"damn i hit your jaw that hard, huh? sorry bout that." seungcheol apologized and jihoon just shook it off.

"it's alright, i hit way too hard your ribs so it was fair," jihoon responded and seungcheol smiled once again.

the boys, soonyoung included, watched with wonder. jeonghan, on the other hand, just sighed as he prepared to scold both of the idiots for being so careless. before either group could react jihoon and soonyoung just turned back to the boys.

"that was just us going easy, if we wanted to we could absolutely destroy each other but with mr.choi getting old and my wound we were careful. you guys on the other hand will be giving it all you got. don't kill each other but don't be afraid to get close." jihoon said and the boys nodded while jeonghan was about to go into cardiac arrest over stress.

"this isn't just for soonyoung. this is for all of you, we need to be strong as a team so we can defeat jug-im." seungcheol confirmed and jihoon agreed.

"dr.yoon and i will be returning back to the house. i would like you all to train until dinner then we will call it a day," seungcheol ordered and the boys all watched as seungcheol and jeonghan left.

"i don't feel well, i'm going to watch. i trust you all to start soonyoung off easy. if i find any of you hurting him or giving him false information you will suffer," jihoon said with a firm yet comfortable tone.

jihoon plopped onto the grass as he watched his boys talk with soonyoung. wonwoo separated himself from the group and sat in the grass next to jihoon.

"i haven't seen you because i have been so busy but so have you. i found something. something big."

• author's notes •

im always like "this is my last chapter for tonight, gn" then like 15 minutes later im writing another one and uploading it..

sleep schedules are overrated anyway :)

-lilly