• nine •

jihoon woke up in soonyoung's arms. jihoon blinked a few times allowing his eyes to adjust to waking up. he felt so safe in his arms that he didn't even notice the pain from his wound. jihoon looked at the sleeping boy and found it adorable how calm he looked asleep.

jihoon stayed in his arms and looked around to see jeonghan standing as he wrote down something on a clipboard while checking jihoon's iv. jeonghan looked over and smiled.

"i see you got a cuddle buddy." jeonghan teased quietly to be careful to not wake soonyoung.

"you're lucky i don't wanna wake him or i'd hit you," jihoon whispered and jeonghan just smiled.

truth be told jeonghan was happy to see jihoon smile again. he hadn't seen jihoon smile like that in so long and it made him have hope. hope that jihoon would be able to find love even when life was fucked.

"i'll be back later to tend to your wound," jeonghan said quietly and left.

jihoon took a deep breath and cuddled closer to soonyoung even though moving hurt. he didn't mind, he just wanted to feel soonyoung's warmth. soonyoung held onto jihoon as an instinct.

jihoon ended up drifting back to sleep in soonyoung's arms. soonyoung woke up a few hours later and blushed as he held jihoon in his arms. he was still there. soonyoung was puzzled why he was so attached to jihoon, maybe it was because he saved him? or because he promised to give soonyoung his normal life back? either way soonyoung was attached to him.

soonyoung began to get up to go get some breakfast for them when jihoon began to look disgruntled and scared. his eyes were closed and he was asleep but you could read his expression clearly. soonyoung sat up and continued to get up when he felt jihoon grab his wrist. soonyoung turned to see jihoon awake and he looked scared.

"d-don't go," jihoon said with a shaky voice and soonyoung nodded and laid back down.

"im here," soonyoung said quietly as jihoon snuggled back up to him.

"t-thank you," jihoon said and soonyoung just stroked his cheek as jihoon drifted back to sleep.

not long after jeonghan entered the room. jeonghan gave soonyoung a smile and walked over to the two.

"i haven't seen him this adoring since he was a child," jeonghan said with a sad smile.

"i wanted to get up but he wouldn't let me, he looked at me so scared and said don't go and i couldn't just leave him," soonyoung explained and jeonghan nodded.

"he's got a hard shell and doesn't accept people easily but he really likes you," jeonghan confessed and soonyoung smiled a bit.

"and i hate to do this but i need to wake him up so i can clean his gunshot wound," jeonghan said before getting closer to jihoon and pinching him. jihoon jolted awake and nearly punched jeonghan.

"ah, good morning sunshine," jeonghan greeted sarcastically and jihoon gave him the finger.

"let me clean your wound you little shit," jeonghan said and soonyoung got up off the bed and sat down in his chair next to the bed.

jihoon lifted his shirt and slid down the waistband of his sweatpants so that jeonghan could get the wound on his waist. soonyoung eyes traced the tattoos on jihoon's chest with wonder before he was taken aback by jihoon yelling fuck! as jeonghan began to clean the wound.

"i hate you," jihoon growled and jeonghan nodded.

"im sure you do right now," jeonghan replied as he continued his work.

soonyoung watched with a sad face as jihoon writhed in pain and jeonghan had to hold him down with one hand and work with the other.

"jihoon don't work yourself up or you're going to get a fever. you know that gunshot wounds can cause fever." jeonghan warned and jihoon just tried his best to stay still.

soonyoung reached out and held onto jihoon's hand. jihoon looked at him and gripped onto his hand quite tightly. soonyoung didn't show the pain he felt from jihoon squeezing the life out of his hand. jeonghan put fresh gauze onto the cut and released jihoon.

"just relax. i'll bring you guys food." jeonghan said as he left the room which left jihoon and soonyoung alone.

jihoon released his hand and took a few deep breaths. he left his shirt up and waistband pulled down, he hurt too bad to fix it. soonyoung didn't know what to do to help so he sat there like a helpless puppy.

"do you want me to fix your shirt and pants?" soonyoung asked and jihoon slowly nodded.

soonyoung stood up and reached out but jihoon grabbed his wrist and mumbled please be gentle before releasing him. soonyoung nodded and fixed the shirt but kept the waistband down because it hurt too much on jihoon's wound. soonyoung sat back down and jihoon quietly thanked him.

jeonghan entered with a tray of food and a smile. he gave the tray to soonyoung and placed a hand on jihoon's forehead and frowned at the warmth.

"i told you to stop writhing! now you have a fever,"

• author's notes •

the next chap will probably be a time skip for a few weeks (like 2 or 3 weeks) to where jihoon is better and they can continue their work. so like don't be alarmed when they in the futureeee :) i hope everyone is enjoying <3

-lilly