• five •

"how's the kid doing?" jihoon asked jeonghan while he ate breakfast and jeonghan just sighed.

"the stab wound was deep, whoever stabbed was looking to cause some damage or kill. it almost nicked an artery but he got lucky. he lost a lot of blood so im pumping blood back into him. he's still asleep but you can go see him," jeonghan explained and jihoon sighed.

"i feel like an idiot for roping an innocent person into this. he's not gonna be able to just go back to his normal life," jihoon said with a sad tone as he rested his head on his palm.

"whenever this is all over he'll be okay. we still need to find out why he even got stabbed in the first place, maybe he's safer in our care anyway," jeonghan said trying to comfort jihoon but jihoon just got up and walked away.

"being here puts him in danger and you know it," jihoon mumbled as he walked towards the room where the boy was.

he quietly opened the door and pulled up a chair. jihoon watched the monitor as it beeped with his heartbeat. he sighed and felt tears well up in his eyes, why was the about to cry?

"im so sorry.. so so sorry.. i didn't wish to bring any more innocent people into this shit show.." jihoon said quietly to the boy who was still unconscious.

"i'll protect you. i won't let anyone hurt you. if i keep you safe you can go back," jihoon promised as he held the boy's hand.

jihoon blinked his tears be away and got up and left the boy to rest. jihoon walked to the library hoping to find wonwoo. he entered to find wonwoo and seungcheol working together. jihoon grabbed a seat next to the two boys.

"what's going on?" jihoon asked and seungcheol slid a file to him.

"that kid is kwon soonyoung, a high school senior at *** high. he's an honor student." wonwoo explained and jihoon flipped through the file.

"what about the dead dude?" jihoon asked and seungcheol slid another file over.

jihoon placed soonyoung's file down and looked at the other one. he read it confused, he hadn't ever heard of these people before. it was weird for jihoon to not know these people as he knew nearly all of the people in his turf.

"zhang yixing. he's from china which is why we have never seen him before. he had on the same sort of paint you talked about before and identification blocking clothing. it's safe to assume he's with the jug-im clan. from his phone i might be able to tap any calls or texts," wonwoo explained and jihoon just grinned and shut the file.

"what an idiot.. if you're gonna get caught don't take a phone.." jihoon grumbled and seungcheol nodded in agreement.

"i still feel as if something is off. dokyeom confessed far too easily, we don't know why they stabbed that kid, and how did they let the guy go out with a phone that could be easily tapped? this seems far too easy," seungcheol vented and jihoon hummed in agreement.

"i know.. something just isn't right," jihoon replied and wonwoo sighed and pushed his glasses up.

"i keep trying to tap the phone and it seems far more secure than we thought it to be," wonwoo confessed and seungcheol and jihoon got up to see wonwoo's laptop.

it was true, the gang had secured yixing's phone quite well but not well enough. after a few more minutes and help from the two bosses wonwoo cracked it and began looking around. the three were talking when the door busted open to the library. jihoon's head shot to the noise and it was hansol very out of breathe.

"he's awake," he said and jihoon began quickly after hansol following him while seungcheol stayed with wonwoo.

"i can't help but think our jihoon is quite drawn to that high school kid.." seungcheol said quietly and wonwoo hummed.

"he doesn't want the kid to have the same life as him." wonwoo replied, he could read jihoon like a book.

jihoon entered the room and jeonghan was talking to the boy and adjusting his two ivs. jihoon pulled up a chair and saw fear in soonyoung's eyes. jihoon took a deep breathe and jeonghan left the room once he finished.

"p-please don't h-hurt me," soonyoung stuttered out and jihoon sighed.

"im not. i promise. i was the one who found you in the alley and brought you back here. that guy was dr.yoon and he's our doctor around here. i'm jihoon and i sort of run this place," jihoon explained and soonyoung calmed down a little bit but you could tell he was still nervous.

"i know it hurts and i'm sorry about it. i didn't want to wrap anyone else up into this shit but i couldn't let you die. this is my fault, i'm sorry," jihoon said and dropped his head. he felt soonyoung reach out and grab his hand.

"you s-saved me. thank you," soonyoung said and jihoon just smiled a melancholy smile.

"i promise to protect you. after this is over i want you to be able to return to normal but right now it's dangerous, especially after jug-im knows i brought you back here." jihoon said once again and soonyoung was very lost.

"jug-im is a gang that is after us, the svt gang. we had a rat that was one of us and he's unfortunately no longer with us but he told us that the jug-im gang is coming. we were going to deal with this ourselves and keep every possible bystander out of it but you got unlucky. the two guys that stabbed you were a part of jug-im. one of them i killed because he came on to me but the other ran. i brought you back here because you were bleeding out and jeonghan fixed you up." jihoon explained and didn't notice that soonyoung had started crying. jihoon let out a small gasp and wiped his tears gently with his sleeve.

"i'm sorry soonyoung. i didn't mean to-"

"who's g-gonna feed my c-cat?" soonyoung said between sobs and jihoon just grinned a bit.

"we'll take care of your cat don't worry, i'll have one of the boys go feed him and take photos." jihoon said reassuringly and soonyoung's sobs calmed down.

"a-after all of this i c-can go back to n-normal?"

"yes, i promise but first i need you to tell me why they would attack you,"

• author's notes •

soonyoung is babie.. that's all .. but anyway i didn't get to why they stabbed soonyoung in this chapter bc im trying to like figure it out myself and how he connects but like im sorry for killing off idols .. i love yixing and dokyeom but they had to go xjdndnd

is everyone enjoying the book so far?

-lilly