• twelve •

jihoon had avoided soonyoung for two weeks. he never connected eyes with him or talked to him, he kept his distance. jihoon let the boys train soonyoung while jihoon trained alone or with seungcheol. all the boys, seungcheol and jeonghan, noticed a drop in jihoon's mood and he became snappy. his mood changed quickly and he didn't smile much. most of the boys were clueless except for a select few.

today was the day of the attack and the boys were preparing. jihoon was dressed in an all black ensemble with his combat boots. he stood in front of all of his boys as he looked at them all.

"this is it. we have to finish this. we've trained and i know we can do this. you're my family and if any of you idiots die i won't forgive you. im counting on bringing you all back with me." jihoon said and his heart hurt. he knew soonyoung was watching and listening from upstairs which made it hurt more.

"keep your ear pieces in. tell us if you're injured and we'll get you out of there. seungcheol will be on dial and jeonghan has an emergency vehicle set up near the base, mingyu will be our eyes from here. get your gear and we'll head out," jihoon said and he turned around to head to the armory when he made eye contact with soonyoung.

"be safe," soonyoung mouthed out and jihoon looked away and continued to the armory.

he strapped his holsters on and put his weapon of choice in them. he slid his butterfly knife in the thigh holster and his two pistols in the chest holsters. jihoon grabbed an assault riffle and strapped some ammo to his waist. he walked out the back door and got into the back of their all black van.

jihoon zoned out the whole drive there and got out as they got dropped of several blocks before the actual building. minghao and jun went a separate way to get higher up while mingyu and hansol stayed with jihoon. the three snuck to the base that was in the forest.

they arrived as minghao found his spot up in the trees while jun began his climb up the building to attack from the roof. they whispered over the ear pieces that they were ready. jihoon replied telling them that the others were ready as well. jihoon's heart thumped incredibly hard, he hadn't been this nervous for a while. they all waited for confirmation to begin from seungcheol and jeonghan. there was a minute of silence until they heard a "attack" over the ear pieces from seungcheol.

jihoon, mingyu and hansol began to run to the base and kicked the door in. jihoon shot the first few he saw while mingyu rushed the few guys and knocked them out with a punch or two while hansol used his knife. there was faint shots from minghao's sniper rifle and the sounds of bodies hitting the ground from the higher floors which they assumed was jun.

they rushed to another level though this time it wasn't as easy as the members were not alert. the jug-im members were hiding even though minghao could see them though the windows.

"two behind the desk on the left.. one behind the middle table.. one hiding to the right of the door frame.."

jihoon grabbed one of his pistols and lifted his arm and shot through the wall. it hit the guy standing to the right of the doorframe and his body hit the ground with a thud. while the other men in the room were confused mingyu kicked in the door and shot two of them while hansol dealt with the last one.

jihoon stood up and looked around. the base was surprisingly empty. he let his guard down for a millisecond when mingyu shouted and pushed jihoon out of the way. a rogue guy from the corner rushed and stabbed mingyu instead of jihoon. hansol, now overcome with anger, grabbed the guy and snapped his neck.

jihoon fell to his knees and put his hands over the wound. it was happening again. he lost kyung like this, he was not about to lose mingyu too.

"FUCK! THEY GOT MINGYU! HES STABBED IN THE CHEST!"

jun came down from the floor above after he had dealt with the last of the guys. hansol and jun carried mingyu out and to the car that jeonghan was in to help in case this happened. jihoon held his pistol in his hand as he shook. he began to look around the now empty building and grabbed anything he could find.

"jihoon there's more coming. get out of there."

jihoon ignored it and continued to look around. if mingyu got hurt it wouldn't be for nothing. he looked around emptying out bins and containers trying to find anything. he went up to the top floor and looked around. he spotted a singular usb and hurried to it. jihoon heard rustling from the bottom floor.

"jihoon.. you have to get out of there. back up has arrived. you're in there alone."

jihoon ignored it once again and he checked how much ammo he had in his clip, there wasn't much but it might be enough.

"how many?"

"don't even think about it."

"tell me how many."

"there's seven,"

jihoon took a deep breath. it was going to take a lot but he could take them. he cocked his gun and stood up. he hadn't done something this stupid since he was younger. it was time to really test his skills once again.

he began down the stairs and caught two on the second floor and shot them as he began to run. he made his presence clear now and there was no going back. he got down to the first floor and managed to shoot two more but was tackled by a man twice his height and pinned, his ear piece fell out and he writhed in pain as he hit his previous gunshot wound on the ground. jihoon struggled as one guy crouched down in front of him and said something in a foreign language before taking his knife and dragging it across jihoon's cheek drawing blood.

"FUCK YOU!" jihoon shouted and the guy stabbed the knife into jihoon's arm. jihoon let out a scream.

the front door swung open and three shots were fired and the weight on jihoon was gone. jihoon looked over to see seungcheol standing there.

"god damn it you idiot.."

• author's notes •

:) action packed chapter woot woot.. also im not planning on killing like any of the big characters but who knows maybe ill change my mind

jk.. unless

also how's everyone enjoying the book? i hope you all like it 🥺

-lilly