• seventeen •

"isn't seungcheol gonna be back soon?" soonyoung asked as he held jihoon in his arms. jihoon hummed and nuzzled his head into soonyoung's chest.

"you're so sweet.." soonyoung cooed and jihoon just ignored him.

"shh.. hold me," jihoon said softly and soonyoung smiled and held the boy.

jihoon had been undeniably stressed the whole time jeonghan and seungcheol had been gone. they had remained in contact with the gang but jihoon still worried more than the rest of the boys. soonyoung had watched helplessly until now. soonyoung had finally gotten jihoon to lay down in his arms and rest.

it felt good in soonyoung's arms and jihoon couldn't deny it. he hated when his brain always made situations far worse than they actually were. seungcheol and jeonghan were safe but jihoon still found himself with his guard all the way up he never let it down for a second. it was only when he was in soonyoung's arms that he actually relaxed and was able to take a breath of fresh air. soonyoung was truly his safe space.

"jihoon!" wonwoo shouted from what seemed to be downstairs and jihoon sat up quickly, soonyoung reluctantly let go of him.

jihoon got up from the bed and hurried down, soonyoung following, as he came to see seungcheol, jeonghan, and the rest of the boys standing in the living room. they looked unharmed but somewhat frazzled. jihoon tried his best to read the faces of the boys but he found it hard to do so. soonyoung stood behind jihoon and hoped that things were okay, he didn't want jihoon to fall back into his pit of stress.

"we won't have to worry about the jug-im clan ever stepping ground in korea ever again." seungcheol said as his expression immediately lightened along with the other boys, they were just tired from the flight and having to have their guards up the whole time in china.

soonyoung felt a wave of relief wash over him, he looked to jihoon who also looked relieved. this was what everyone had wanted and it felt so nice for the war to be over. they were all so glad to find some peace for once.

"jihoon, soonyoung, you need to pack your bags." jeonghan said as he turned to jihoon and soonyoung. honestly the two had completely forgotten about leaving the gang once it was all settled and now that it was finally coming time jihoon didn't want to leave. weren't they safe in korea? the gang wouldn't ever come back here and soonyoung was safe here, why did they have to run?

"why?" jihoon asked and jeonghan and seungcheol let out a sigh. soonyoung didn't mind leaving, he didn't have a whole lot still here for him in korea except for his cat which minghao and jun had been feeding twice daily.

"don't argue with me. not now. go pack." jeonghan said and jihoon didn't move an inch, he just stared at jeonghan with a firm glare. soonyoung looked from jihoon to seungcheol and the two made eye contact. seungcheol looked slightly nervous as he made eye contact with soonyoung.

"um.. heh.. boys lets go have a snack!" seungcheol said nervously and all the boys nodded and scurried away, soonyoung walking away with seungcheol, which left jeonghan and jihoon alone.

"we don't need to run. we're safe here." jihoon defended and jeonghan let out an aggravated groan.

"no. if some other fools try and come for us how are you so sure you can protect soonyoung? you need to go somewhere safe." jeonghan responded and jihoon let out a sigh as he looked to his feet.

"i don't want to go.. you guys are all i have." jihoon said softly while his voice began to break and jeonghan's expression and stance immediately softened as he looked to jihoon.

"jihoon.." jeonghan said in a comforting tone as he pulled jihoon into a hug.

"we're not all you have. you're not alone anymore, you have soonyoung. now go be happy with him, do it for us." jeonghan said as he held jihoon in his arms and stroked his back. jihoon was trying his hardest to hold back his tears but a few fell out.

"will you come visit?" jihoon managed to mumble out and jeonghan let out a small chuckle.

"of course we will hoon." jeonghan answered and jihoon nodded.

jeonghan released jihoon and wiped his tears away with his thumb. jeonghan had never realized how much jihoon meant to him until jihoon was leaving. jihoon was truly like his kid and he cherished him more than anything, which is why he had to let him go. jeonghan looked over to see soonyoung standing in the door frame as he watched with a sad look. jeonghan smiled and waved him over. soonyoung walked over and immediately placed his hand onto jihoon's waist and kept him close.

"take care of him, okay?" jeonghan asked and soonyoung nodded quickly. jeonghan knew he was going to cry but he held it in until he was alone.

later that night while soonyoung and jihoon packed their bags before their early flight jeonghan sat in his and seungcheol's room alone. he felt his tears form in his eyes and he didn't hold them back, he let them flow. jeonghan fell back onto the bed and cried, he didn't know why letting jihoon was so hard for him but it didn't really matter. seungcheol entered the room quietly and frowned at the sight of his crying husband. of course he knew why he was crying but he hated seeing it nonetheless.

"hannie?" seungcheol asked as he sat on the bed beside jeonghan and gently wiped his tears. jeonghan looked to him with puffy and red eyes and a miserable look on his face.

"does it hurt?" seungcheol asked and jeonghan nodded. seungcheol laid on the bed next to him and pulled him close, jeonghan just cried into his chest as his tears left wet marks onto seungcheol's shirt.

"he'll be happy, it's all we've ever wanted."

• author's notes

hiiii im back w an update !! i've been busy w my family (we were in wisconsin) and i just got home today and hopped on my laptop and figured i could do some updates!! i dont think this book will have many more chapters.. it will probably end with soonhoon settling into their new lives abroad :) i hope you all enjoyed this update and if you did lmk ! i hope everyone is doing well !!

-lilly