"That's like my princess"

"Our princess" Natalie corrected.

"Don't forget to greet your neighbours." She added.

"Ofco..." Before Chloe could say anything further, door bell rang.

"Must be my pizza." She said

"Okay, go have your dinner. Stay safe . Take care of yourself. We love you." Natalie and Steven voiced simultaneously.

"I love you both too. Take care." She replied and hung up the call.

Later that night, she had her dinner and went to bed again.

Unable to sleep, she walked by the window and gazed at the tranquil site: the streets.

A car pulled off at the edge of the street infront of house number 20. From her viewpoint, color of the car wasn't quite visible, thus, she thought it to be black.

She saw a muscular silhouette getting out of the car. His eyes roamed around and stopped at her. His face wasn't visible in the dim lights. Unable to comprehend the situation, she simply waved at him but was ignored.

"Maybe he didn't see it." She thought and went to bed. She pulled up her duvet and rolled towards darker side of the room.

After some tossing and turning finally sleep took over her.

Morning came sooner than expected, twilight had melted away. Colors spread across the sky announcing the new day. Birds were singing. Animals stirred.

The leaves were coated lemony yellow as the sun rose again while the vivid reds and yellows of flowers danced in the breeze.

Chloe looked herself in the mirror. Her eyes were pools of pavonine blue carved upon her creamy face like meteoric gems.

Strands of molten chocolate cascaded down her scalp like waterfall. With her cherry lips and crystal white teeth she was truly a sight to behold.

Her attire composed of a white tee paired with a blue fitted blazer and pants.

Even without any makeup she looked better than those photoshopped models. She looked perfect with her imperfections. It was her softness that made her elegant.

Satisfied with her look, she called for a cab. As her mom told her previous night, she decided to pay her neighbours a visit.

She got out and locked her door. Chloe inhaled in the fresh early morning air and knocked at the door of the adjacent house.

"Coming" She heard a soft voice and within minutes a beautiful young woman opened the door.

With her long black hair, liquid brown eyes and slightly tan skin, she looked Indian.

"Hello, I am Chloe, your new neighbour."

"Hello, Chloe, I am Priya Evans, it's good to meet you." Chloe gave her a warm smile.

"We have recently shifted here as well so don't know much still if you need any help, don't hesitate." She added.

"Thank you" Chloe said. Just then, a little boy, no more than six or seven years old and with caramel brown hair came running and hugged his mother's leg.

"Mommy, daddy is being lazy. I will get late." He whined still unaware of Chloe's presence.

"I'll wake daddy up, but before that say hello to Chloe. She is our new neighbour." His mother told him sweetly. He turned to her.

"Hello" He spoke shyly.

"Hello, I am Chloe. What's your name ?" She bent down such that they were on eye level.

"Chris"

"That's such a sweet name." His cheeks turned red as he ran back to the direction he came from, leaving behind two chuckling women.

"Please come in." Priya offered

"Maybe next time, I have to pay visit to other neighbours as well." She declined politely.

"That won't be much of a problem, this is one of the least accommodated side of the street. It's just you, I, a couple in house no. 27, an old man in house no. 30 and yeah .. a man in house no. 20 . He isn't very social, I guess. We haven't met him." Her words reminded Chloe of the last night. She thought if that man intentionally ignored her.

She thanked Priya and visited all her neighbours and at last his house.

______________________________________

Hope you liked this Chapter . If yes please vote and share your views in the comments .

Stay happy
Stay healthy
Stay tuned !!