Chapter 10

"What?" I whispered, my voice was barely audible.

There was a long pause before she replied, maybe she was comprehending that she shouldn't be joking with me at this crucial time, right?

"That's right, Alice. You are the one who destroyed my life." She harshly said.

Now this was getting on my nerves. Is she in her senses? She's saying that I'm born out of rape? How is this even possible? If this another lie then please I want to die than to feed myself with tons of lies.

"What are you even saying?! Are you in your senses, mom?! I'm Alice. You and Kevin's daughter." I shouted. But this was not right time to shout at her. I should make her realise that this is the most pathetic joke that she can do with me.

She didn't reply but continues to stare at with with cold and calculating eyes. I moved forward and very gently held her hands in mine.

"Say that this is a joke, mom. Please don't do this with me." I pleaded. But she was staring me with cold and dark eyes. She harshly pulled her hands out of my grip and put a mocking finger on my chest.

"This is truth Alice that you must deal with by yourself." She said with a hard stare.
I stumbled backward and fell on my knees. I hugged my knees to my chest and started crying.

This isn't happening, right? It's a nightmare. I hope she'll start laughing  and embrace me that she was messing with me.

"Honey, don't you think that we should leave because taking stress isn't good for you. And you're taking stress for whom? For this ungrateful daughter who is reason that you can't escape from your past?" I heard Nick saying this to mom by cupping her cheeks. I would have slapped him but I was in no good condition to confront him.

"No honey, I want her to know the truth so that she would never come back to show me her face. Her face reminds of what I faced because of her father!" She said by pointing towards me.

"My father is Kevin. You're lying to me!" I yelled. I was trying to make her believe that I was not coming into her trap but in actual I was trying to believe by myself.

"I don't need to lie to you Alice. This is reality. You're Joe's daughter. The same man who destroyed my life completely." There was loathe in her expressions which was proving that how much she hates the man that she calls Joe.

I closed my eyes and prayed that when I open my eyes and it would go away. This situation would go away and never return.

"I and Kevin were best friends of each other from childhood. We were neighbours and one day Joe's family shifted in our neighbourhood. We three used to play together and loved each other. We used to even eat meals at each other homes. This was how much were attached with each other." She told me about her childhood. There were tears in her eyes as well as warmth when she was talking about her lovely past.

If they were friends then why Joe would do that?

By the expression on my face, she understood that I wanted to know more but I was afraid of hearing furthermore. I don't know what truths she has with herself that needed to unfold.

"I was close to both of them but I was in love with Kevin and I knew that he loved me back. One day he proposed me in front of the families and I said yes. We were in happy relationship unaware of what joe was going to do with us." A lone tear fell from her eye when she talking about the past. I was feeling very bad for her.

"One day he said to me that he's in love with me and asked me to leave Kevin. I thought he was joking and I burst out laughing. He got very mad at that. I never thought that he was serious. He knew that I and Kevin love each other. He became a psychopathic man. He kidnapped me and brutally raped me." She burst out crying at the thought. My heart constricted because last night I went through this trauma but what she has gone through was intense and incomparable.