Chapter 3

James POV:

I reached my apartment and shut the door. I went to my room and sat on the couch. After so many days I feel like the calmness inside me that I yearned for last 6 months. I took out my wallet and saw the photo of Eliza placed neatly in my wallet.

I smiled seeing her photo. It was taken 9 months ago, a day after our engagement. She was so happy and ready to pose again and again showing her engagement ring. Nostalgia...
I wish I could hug her and tell her that how much incomplete I am without her.. My eyes filled with tears. God! How much I miss her. She was light of my life, my baby girl. I remember how we met each other. I was studying law and in evening I used to go to library to self study without any disturbance.

There I saw her... the most beautiful and fragile girl. She was breathtaking and ethereal. She kept herself busy and was reading a book. She was sitting far away from me but I could make out that she was reading a novel.. a beautiful girl into literature, I already liked her. I forgot that I was here to study but all my attention diverted towards her and after a minute I saw her struggling to read. Maybe she was uncomfortable! Oh yeah definitely my gaze must be making holes in her body. She turned her attention towards me and the second our eyes locked! I know I was whipped..

Her eyes were so beautiful and having warmth. Her skin was pale and she had a petite figure. She was about 24 years old, a little younger than me.

But as soon as our eyes locked, she diverted her attention back to her novel. She must be thinking of me as a prick! My eyes rolled thinking about it. That's how our friendship started. We daily used to meet at the library and then have coffee together. She was an orphan raised in a orphanage. She was studying literature and she was so ambitious. I immediately fell in love with her. It was definitely love at first sight. She was a sight to behold.

But all happiness was shattered in an accident. Accident which was caused by ALICE MILLER. She killed my Eliza. She killed the only hope i had in my life. My only beloved was brutally killed in an accident. My heart was shattered into pieces. How can God be so heartless that he snatched my only happiness....

Whenever I think of that day, I get angry and emotional at the same time. The day ended everything.

Being a lawyer with no one around to look after was hardest and toughest experience with absolutely no support and filled with many unbearable and untold stories. I am Advocate James Ashton. My life gave me one gift, my fiancé Eliza. I have been in love with her for three years. She has been with me in my thick and thin. And guess what we are going to get married within a month. God loves us truly, when He gives us tough time, in actual He just trains us for the reward that He is going to give us.

The world crashed down when I was called to hospital. My fiancé was my life. I reached there to know that she has met an accident and rescued by police. I saw her through the window, body filled with bandages, oxygen mask on mouth, low breathe rate with closed eyes, body connected with different machines. All I was seeing that my fiancé was getting out of my hands. I prayed. I prayed hard for her life.

"Sorry, we couldn't save her" Doctors patted my shoulder leaving me with pool of tears.
I Cried. My life was always tough but the only blessing that I had was my fiancé. Suddenly the world seemed empty and wild. I looked like a wanderer with no destination. A continuous thunder has no stop so do my life. My shoulders were loaded with unseen weight.

No! They couldn't save my Eliza....

A sudden thunder of the weather jolted me and I came back to the present time. This is how my happiness was shattered. My life was made a joke that day. I wanted to avenge my fiancé. She never deserved to die like this. This was insane!

Making plans to inflict pain on Alice, I slept. I wish to see her crying and begging for mercy even in my dreams. The more she'll cry, the more I'll be at peace.

Next day I woke and took shower and ahead to my next move. I got into my car and started the ignition. I went to the area she lives and parked my car little away from her apartment so that she wouldn't see me but I could see her and her every move. I know she'll come out but definitely she'll be covering herself because I have destroyed her enough to not to live in peace and hide her face from everyone.

After waiting for 5 hours, I finally saw a lady coming out of the apartment gate. She had a Hoodie and big black glasses to cover her face. Huh! Did you think that I won't recognise you. Press might won't but I can recognise you even in a crowed, you murderer!

I left my car and locked it and started to follow her. She was moving with fast pace. Maybe she was in fear of getting caught my paparazzi. I smirked seeing that how helpless she looks. I was walking behind her and maybe she sensed that she's being followed. She turned to clear her suspicion and I hid myself behind a wall. Not so soon baby!

When she made sure that no one was behind her, she started walking again. That was the time to grab her. I went ahead and put my hand on her face to prevent her from screaming. She thrashed under my grip. I slammed her against the wall and held her hands above her head on either side of her hands. Her eyes widen seeing me there and she started shivering... God how much I waited for this day. How much helpless she looks under my hold and grip.

"Leave me alone. Let me go, you monster!" She sneered. So now she has got tongue to fight back me. I tighten my hold on her wrists and she winced and started shouting but Alas the alley was empty, not even the voice of any bird could be heard. Poor girl she thought that it would be good for her to choose dark alley so she would be save from the paparazzi but what about me!?

"Do you think that I'll leave you alone? I'll never leave you to live your life in peace. I'll follow you like a shadow and will make sure that you yearn for peace" I shouted angrily and hissed at her. She closed her eyes and her body started to shiver more.

"What will you get from this?" After few minutes when she caught her breathe. "This is what Eliza wanted you to become? A ruthless monster who follows girls and manhandle them?!" She shrieked.

To her mellow drama, I have a humourless chuckle and watched her with scrutiny eyes. She was a beautiful girl but a manipulative and brat. She's a killer and the more I see her, the more I loathe her.

"I'll never let you live in peace." I said by tightening my hold on her wrists. She winced and started crying. Her pleas didn't melt me. I was never this heartless man that too towards a woman. I was raised with the teachings of respecting everyone regardless of their gender.

She pushed me by gathering courage and I left control and stumbled back. She ran away from there. I didn't stop her. I wanted her to remember the very sin that she committed and I will make sure that she rot in hell.. everyday.