Chapter 9

A loud bang on the door made me awake out of my slumber. I couldn't sleep last night properly because the images of how Nick was brutally trying to rape me keep on haunting and torturing me. Whenever I tried to close my eyes, I would wake up and start shaking and crying. One thing was sure that my mental health was at stake.

I woke up and checked the time. It was 10am and my door was banging loudly. I was scared. What if it is Nick again and he tries to force me again?

I stood there and didn't make any move. Gradually I came out of my bed and look around my room for any sharp metal which I can use as a weapon in case if he tries to play a trick on me. I found a rod under the bed and it looked strong enough to knock out any person. Safety comes first.

I reached the door. It banged again and came the voice of my mother.

"Alice, open the door!" She shouted on the other side of the door.
My muscles relaxed knowing that it was my mother who is at door and I'm safe because I have my mother with me. I quickly went and opened the door.

As soon as I opened the door, I saw my mother standing, eyes cold and black, jaw clenched and her fists were balled in anger as if she was trying to control her anger. What's with her?

Her eyes averted from me to my hands and she saw me in a defensive mode, holding a rod ready for a attack. I quickly dropped it.

"Mom.." I went and hugged her tightly. I want her support. I've missed her a lot. I need to tell her about Nick. But it's been few moments and she hasn't hugged me back. I broke the hug and looked at her face. Her face was cold and expressionless.

"Mom, there are many things that I want to tell you." I said. She was standing there emotionlessly more like she was holding me at a place with her cold stare.

"Mom, what happened?" I asked. I was confused by her behaviour.

As I was looking at her, I saw Nick emerging from behind her, his lips were twitched up with a smirk. Seeing him brought back yesterday's night memories and it made my blood boil.

That's it. His game is over now.

"Mom, I need to tell you something. Nick tried to rape me last night. He was forcing me and when I pushed him, he followed..." I was about to complete it when I got a tight slap on me face.

Did she slap across my cheek?

My cheek started burning and due to my fair complexion I knew it must have become red too. I touched my cheek and my hand trembled. It was hurting terribly. I stood there emotionlessly. I didn't move from my pace. The force of slap was too much that I stumbled backward.

That was a shock for sure but who hit me was a bigger shock. My Mom..? But why?
I regained my posture and looked at her with my glossy eyes. My eyes brimmed with tears.

"Mom...why?" I whispered.
Instead of her answering me, Nick came forward and he kept his hands on my mother's shoulders. He was facing my mother's back. I could see him but my mother couldn't.

"I told you honey that she will accuse me that I tried to rape her." His voice was soft whereas he was smirking my way. "She wants us to get separated. This is her plan that she'd accuse me and you'd throw me out of your life." He was totally faking it. Why can't you see it mom?

"Did you see that she was holding that rod!? She was trying to harm us." He said irking fire in me.

And what was more shocking that mom was not stopping him from saying all this nonsense.