14. The World's Different Now.

We had returned to the empty villa, the witches having returned to update the rest of the coven the day before and we relaxed for a day... before human life had intruded.

My university Professor had panicked.  He had raised concerns that I hadn't checked in, so was chasing the Anax group for information, threatening the Police and all sorts in his quest.  My own emails had been full of questions from friends at Uni and then Dad had called, wanting to know what was happening.

Kal had ordered the plane and we had returned to England ourselves.  Owen contacting my professor and to prove I was still alive we had gone there first, to check in and sort of check out, having decided we would move me out of my uni dorm and into their apartment. 

That had gone smoothly at first, till Miles had misunderstood Dan's attentions and let the cat out of the bag about our relationship to all my friends. 
Word quickly spread that I was seeing all of them and I learnt quickly who my 'real' friends were.  The professor had been shocked at first, but had agreed due to the press interest in us that I could finish the course remotely online.  And as I had access to all the resources the Anax group had to offer, not to mention my own personal knowledge of Athena, my work was soon done.

Owen had been very happy about this and celebrated by whisking us all away to visit my Father, Emma and Arachne.  I had spent time with Arachne talking about what happened and she had assured me she held no ill will.  Helene had chosen her own path and it had ended her own way. She had shared how much she enjoyed talking with my father and Emma but expressed an interest in returning to Greece, now that the threat was gone, possibly living in the tomb or near the village. Owen had instantly started buying up the surrounding land to ensure we could protect her if and when she chose to go.

Terra had taken control of Helene's assets having declared her missing and was running the company with some assistance from Owen and the others, she had taken the instruction to be good to heart and the news was frequently full of praise for the company's environmental and humanitarian efforts.  The witches making discrete improvements in areas where science was lagging behind.

She had also searched Helene's records for mention of my mother, she found little and was digging for more for me.

Zeus had visited whilst we were at my Fathers, I could see his need to see what my other father was like, as had my Gods who had warned him not to do anything stupid.  It had been an interesting start to an unorthodox friendship, and their conversations along with Arachne and Emma's additions had been eye opening.  Zeus had returned to Olympus full of a new appreciation for humans and the world flourished because of it.

He had left us with the news Ares was currently with Hades in the underworld doing his penance there first, until he went to join Poseidon under the sea, I had laughed when Zeus had mentioned there was a lot of plastic and pollutants to be cleaned up and that would keep Ares busy for a while.  I laughed, this was an area the coven was working on as well and I wondered if their paths would cross.

It had taken a while but I had finally decided what to do next, with the backing of the Anax group I had started a foundation linking Angeliki's village to others, enabling them to exchange visits to learn and grow skills, to help people appreciate the Gods and the beauty of Greece and to bring the Greek Gods back to life... Literally. 
It was early stages but we already had a team creating a documentary for children to introduce the gods early on.

Life was favouring us all, until the day I was sick... then I was sick again the next day and the one after that too.
Owen had panicked and shouted
Miles had started researching.
Kal had called both my fathers.
Jace had calmly examined me and smiled widely...