11. A Little Help From Our Friends

It was hot at the small airport where we were waiting for the Coven's arrival.  The heat shimmering up from the tarmac as the door opened. Terra was the first off the plane followed by three other women, their eyes both cautious and curious as they scan the surroundings.

They had had a long journey from England to here via three other stops, just in case Helene was watching them. "Thank you for coming". Owen steps forward and shakes their hands and I watch their expressions change as they gaze at him.

"You are most welcome... What are you?" the tall blonde woman hums licking her lips as she gazes at him, her hand coming up, as if to reach for his.  I feel my temper rise as my mind screamed 'Mine' and power crackles through the air around us.

"Perhaps some introductions first" Owen says smoothly stepping back and looking at Terra to start.
She smiles and holds her hand out indicating each of the women beside her. "These are the senior witches in our coven, this is Summer" she points to the blonde, of course she is, I hide my snort behind Miles shoulder, "Next to her is Wendy and finally Nina" Terra finishes and Owen steps back further, allowing me to step forward.

"I am Athena, these are my mates Helios, Pan, Thantos and Eros" I tell them, enjoying the dropping jaws as they look at us, except Terra who had met me before.

I am not surprised its the blonde who replies first "You are joking" she mutters looking at me "And I know that is Owen Anax" she sneers.

"You are right, that's is Owen Anax but he is also Helios. When we unsealed Athena's tomb we each bound with our Gods, I am Athena, we are one, both human and god just as my mates are with their gods" I tell her.

"Prove it" she snaps stepping towards me.
I feel my men bristle next to me at her open aggression but they let me take the lead.
"Summer!" Terra warns her, her hand coming up to pull Summer back but I wave her off with a smile.

"Bow" I whisper and watch her face fall as her body bends at my word, "Kneel" I add in my mind and watch her fold to her knees at my feet, I can see the struggle in her face as she fights against me and I know I need to be careful, to show her who I am without alienating her. I grin and the ground around her sends up roots that weave a cage around her.

Her eyes finally look up at me, showing her fear, belief and acceptance and I let the cage fall away and allow her to get to her feet.  "Goddess, I am sorry" she bows her head respectfully, stepping back into line with the other witches who had watched our exchange with wide eyes.

"Now that's everyone's on the same page, What do you need us to do?" Terra asks with a small smile.

Owen straightens "Let get back to the villa, we can talk safely there" he instructs taking my hand as Jace ushers us all towards the waiting vehicles.   "That went well" Owen said with a laugh as the door shut behind us.  I watch through the window as Terra and the coven witches got into the other vehicle, talking amongst themselves, Summer a tight look on her face as the other two flutter around her nervously and Terra watched with a satisfied smile on her face. 

"Terra doesn't like her much" I mused "I am glad she is in charge, do you think it will affect how she helps us"  Owen shakes his head "They are free of Helene, they will help us, Terra would not have brought them otherwise" he said softly, as they all settled down around me as we head back to the villa with our guests following.

Terra is first out when we park, making her way to my side and I know she will want to be clear after earlier.
"Godde... AThena. I am sorry" she amends with a smile as I hold up my hands to her.
"Terra, don't worry, Summer didn't know, she does now, and unless she is unwilling to help, I think we can draw a line and forget about it" I tell her with a quick glance towards the others.
"She will help and whatever you did, she has changed her tune, she's always been pushy and in your face and gods know she needed to be taught some humility and from our conversation on the way here she was praising your power, you won't have any problems with her, she and the others clearly see your Gods are yours"

"Thank you" I nod and noticing Kal looking our way, I guide Terra into the villa to join the others.
Miles was pouring drinks for everyone in the sun room when we joined them and Jace and Owen setting up our evidence on the table. Kal closing in beside me as soon as we entered.

"We don't have a lot of time" Jace started, "by now Helene will know we have been to the village, Athena has repaired the damage she did to the well and we have collected the 'gifts' Helene left for her.  We must assume she will know what we are up to and possibly that you are here with us."

Nina rose and went towards the table, her eyes running over the items displayed. "Is the village yours or hers?" She questions softly.

"The village follows Athena, always has and always will, we also all have family links to the village" Miles responds.

Nina closes her eyes and holds her hands out over the table, chanting softly as we all watch on in silence.
"She is feeling hunted, panicked, but she is backed by someone powerful.  Her biggest weakness is her greatest strength"

"Which is?" Jace asks, looking between the witches for an answer.
"Her immortality" Terra replies and the others nod.  "Without it, each time she casts any spell she will age, her body will weaken and eventually she will turn to dust" Nina explains.
"She could live out her remaining years... if she never cast again, but Helene is too selfish to do that, she will fight, try to take it back, or she will attack or try to do as much damage as possible" Wendy adds.

"How do we take her immortality? It's God given?" Owen asked, sitting down and pulling me onto his lap. I blushed as I settled against him.

"The god who granted it would need to rescind the gift and it could then be stripped from her, we can only strip when she us using her powers elsewhere, sort of sneaking in the back door... and it would need all of us, even then... if she realised we might not be able to do it." Summer explained.

"Zeus has agreed to take back the gift" I tell the quietly, sending a mental prayer to my father to come through on his words, he had already failed with Ares aiding Helene. a cool breeze lifted my hair and I smiled to myself, he had heard.

We spent the rest of the day planning and eventually had a plan, that we felt would work, and a location that put the odds in our favour.

I eyed the coin she had left us and grinned slightly, she had no idea what we were going to do and I know my selfish brother would not lift a finger to help her, but would be watching.

"Come" Owen held his hand out to me and I placed mine in it, feeling the awe, tinged with jealousy from the witches, as he drew me up into his arms and carried me out of the room.

I could hear Miles bidding the others good night as my Gods followed Owen and 'I upstairs to our suite where they made me forget all our worries till morning.