13. Back To Olympus

"Father" I step forward between my men and stepping into the great hall, where fellow Gods sit around us on glowing thrones of gold.
I notice Ares seat is empty but all the others are full, familiar faces, many of which had aged as their followers dwindled, their gifts and prayers not sustaining their youth.

"Uncles" I bow slightly to Hades and Poseidon, coming to a stop in the middle of the room. My men behind me in a row. I see the recognition starting to seep through as family recognises family. I can hear the almost silent whisper of their names falling from ancient lips.

"You have finished avenging your deaths?" Zeus questions lightly and I raise my brow at him in challenge.

"Have I?" I muse watching him and my uncles twitch nervously under my gaze. "Should I deal with everyone who was involved with Helene plotting and lies... including you and my uncles?" I ask finally.

The murmuring in the hall increased at my words, amazement that I dared to challenge the great Zeus. "Daughter, you think to challenge us?" he grinds out and I laugh.

"No Father, if I wished to challenge you I would not be here, I have dealt with Helene, I am free again and so are my men. We have a human life to lead as well, we are in a position to live life to the full and to forgive those who were led astray and fooled into believing lies." I tell him softly.

"Hmph" he spat and I laughed again as I saw the sound for what it was... Jealousy. He exchanged looks with my uncles and finally smiled and relaxed. "Its good to see you again my child and I am truly sorry, I can promise the decades have made us much wiser to the trickeries of humans. How can we make it up to you?"

"Let us live in peace, we are happy as we are and content with each other. We are not interested in sitting here on Olympus and watching the world pass us by, we want to live it. But Father I want you to deal with Ares, you have let him run loose for too long and believed his lies. If he comes after me and mine again, I will stop him, brother or not"

The murmurs behind us rose again and Zeus held up his hand for silence. "Agreed, unless anyone here objects" his gaze moved from God to God as each shook their heads. "But Athena, you must return to Olympus on a regular basis" his gaze moves to the men behind me. "All of you, change is coming, I can see you will be playing a part in it" he finishes.

"No..." I start to say but Owen steps up next to me and takes my hand in his.

"We will return and help you, there is a lot to learn and to share, but only after Ares is dealt with and there is no risk to Thena" he tells Zeus.

"Done" Zeus agrees heartily and much too easily and I know he has got the result he wanted. "Lets Celebrate" he booms out.

We are suddenly surrounded by Gods wanting to make up with us, I feel Miles take my other hand as Kal growls at the ridiculous about turn in their behaviours, now that we are favoured again. "Lets get out of here" he whispers and I nod, content to let him lead me through the hall and outside, the others following.

"Athena, Boys. Wait!" we turn and watch Hades and Poseidon appear around a pillar. I can see the apology on their faces, even as I fight in my mind the knowledge these two gods killed my mine, they were family.

"Uncles" I offered politely as they join us.

"Hell Thena, we are so sorry" Hades started but Kal stepped in front of me.

"Prove it, deal with Ares, start being the Gods we know you can be rather than the ones you are" he challenges. "The world has changed, there is a place for us, humans want to believe in Gods, they just need the right ones."

Poseidon looked at us, his gaze searching my face and obviously finding what he was looking for "Thank you, we will help Zeus get Ares under control, I can think of a few tasks we could give him to keep him both occupied and punished. I... I am glad you are back", his head bowing and his fist coming up to his chest in respect.

"Uncle!" I gasp shocked that he would bow to me.
Hades chuckles and does the same as I shake my head at them.
"Please stop" I mutter embarrassed and they all laugh at me.

"Child believe in yourself, you have and will do wonderful things... look after her" he nods to my Gods before they turn and leave.

"Well, that went well" Miles quips and they all grin at me. Taking my hands and leading me back to the portal.

"Come on baby, lets go home and relax" Jace purrs and I feel the pulse of their emotions, now we were safe, they could let go of the fear and worry and it was turning to something much warmer and I had a feeling very soon we would all be burning.