Chapter One- First Day

Storm's POV

Ding!

I groan before rolling over to check my notification. It's from Emma, my BFF:

Emma: GIRL, WHERE R U???

What is she talking about? Today's...THE FIRST DAY BACK AT SCHOOL!!!

My bedside clock reads:

08:00

I need to be at school by 08:30! I'm going to be late. Why didn't Mum or Dad wake me up? Unlocking my phone, I discover a voicemail at 06:30

"Hey, Storm. Mum's talking. Just wanted to say sorry that I couldn't drop you off. Emergency came up at work. Hope you have a good day at school."

Wow! I'm surprised that she knew I exist because she forgot to wake me up before she left(that's the time I wake up on a school day).

I jump out of my bed, brush my teeth and put on my uniform. It consists of a plain white shirt, with a black skirt that reaches above my knees, white knee high socks and plain black pumps along with a black blazer with the logo of Minehead Academy.

At the speed of light, I apply concealer, mascara and my favourite lip gloss before sliding down the banisters(I have to take advantage that there's nobody at home to tell me not to). Grabbing a cereal bar, I sprint out of the house to my bus stop in my record time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's certainly not impressive, Storm. Late on the first day back at school," Mrs Riley, my form tutor mutters as I stroll into tutor time, fifteen minutes late.

"Aww! Mrs Riley, were you looking forward to seeing me? I get it! It's impossible not to miss me," I joke, smiling innocently.

Just like I expected, everyone starts laughing, except from Mrs Riley and a strange girl sitting at the back, who I have never seen before.

"I think you've spent too much of your summer with your head in the clouds. Now, sit down. Another word from you and it will be 10 minute DT," Mrs Riley demands.

"Excuse me, miss. But I thought the sky's temperature is too cold for human beings. So, how could I have my head in the clouds?" I answer back.

There are a series of comments coming from my classmates.

"Ouch! What a burn!"

"Storm's starting trouble early this year!"

"I know right! And it's only 8:45 in the morning!"

"I smell smoke. Storm's clearly playing with fire while it's burning."

"Yep. Mrs Riley's going as red as a tomato."

And she is!

"We'll see if you'll be coming up with those smart replies, Storm, when you're going to spend lunch with me," Mrs Riley remarks.

Oops! I think I got my first detention of the year! I take the seat Emma's saved for me, keeping my head high.

"Now, back to what I was talking about before someone rudely interrupted," Mrs Riley comments, pointedly glancing at me," You may have noticed that we have someone new joining our tutor group this year. Stella, would you like to stand up."

At this point, the strange girl at the back stands up, uncertainly.

"Hi, I'm um..." Stella starts.

"Your name is um?" I tease, raising an eyebrow.

A few giggles erupt.

"Hush, everyone! Stella, continue," Mrs Riley orders.

"Hi, I'm Stella. I just moved to Minehead..."

"If you don't mind me asking but how come you moved here?" Mrs Riley asks.

"Because her parents were dumb enough to move to this dump," I answer.

More snickers spread around.

"Storm! Are you Stella?"

"No! Fortunately," I whisper the last part but I'm not quiet enough.

The bell rings, signalling that it's time for our first lesson.

"I'm so sorry, Stella! Maybe you can continue tomorrow! Now, all of you off to your classes. And Storm, I want to speak with you," Mrs Riley explains hurriedly.

"But, miss! I'm going to be late for my first lesson," I moan.

I would usually prefer to be as late as possible to lessons but I wouldn't like a chat with Mrs Riley.

"It will only take a minute," Mrs Riley argues.

Looks like this year is not kicking off with a good start.

Author's Note

I imagined Stella as younger version of Megan Fox and for Storm the younger version of Olivia. First chapter is here. What do you think?