Chapter 9-Execution

Sangus

Sangus’ chains clanked over and over, annoying him greatly. He was wearing torn slave clothes. Two guards accompanied him along with the executioner with his enormous axe. They had walked over the wheat fields and sat at the border of the woods of Isingr. It was convenient as all they had to do was dump his head and body into the woods.

“Down slave”, yelled the executioner.

Sangus did as he was told and laid his head on the wooden pedestal. His hands began to tingle, anxiety probably. I mean getting your head chopped off was pretty stressful. But it wasn’t anxiety he peered down to see that his cuffs were completely gone. They had melted off, yet they didn’t even heat his wrists. He could feel it straight away, magic was involved. He had spent little time around it but he knew how it felt around a person, which was very uncommon for a person. The guards stumbled back and took a few moments to process what was going on. Sangus looked around cautiously, where there was magic there was a caster.

Right on the outskirts was a figure, more of a person really. It was hard to make out their clothes but they was clearly wearing robes and the magic source was clearly coming from them.

“Witchcraft!” shouted the executioner.

Sangus was now completely free and just a couple meters away was the forest of Isingr, his way out. Before he knew it, the executioner was already rushing to Sangus. He leapt on Sangus and pinned hi to the ground.

“Ill take great pleasure in slicing you up”, he cried.

Sangus fought back, landing multiple hits on the executioner, yet not seeming to phase him. Something was off about the executioner, his eyes had bright red veins and his mouth was beginning to foam, making him look like a rabid dog.

Sangus focused on all the strength he had left and pushed the guard back. The guard tumbled back and began clenching his throat, as if he was suffocating.

“Follow me elf”, yelled the cloaked figure from afar.

Sangus turned and bolted toward the figure, he turned and saw the executioner. His body had immediately stopped trembling and he laid still in the middle of the field. Suddenly he began shaking once more and his body began to bubble and lumps began forming on his body, finally he exploded, causing blood to splatter all over Sangus. He stood there in shock at the scene. The blood dripped down his face and arms.

“Its now or never blood elf”, cried the hooded figure once more.

It took Sangus a few minutes to process what was going on, but when he was settled he darted toward the hooded figure.

He turned back one final time, to see the city one last time. Its tall peaks sticking up into the sky.