Chapter 3-Draken the Assassin

Draken stood on the watchtower with his rope dagger in his right hand swinging circles around. The rain was beginning to bother his senses, but he couldn’t do much about that, he had to adapt, like he had been trained to do as a child. His feet were soaked from the blood of the recently killed high elf guard. Draken ripped his black dagger from the man and proceeded to wipe the blood off it. The raindrops were bouncing off his bare chest and soaked his trousers. His black braided hair was tied back, he hated when it got in his eyes. He was making good time, the high elf lord would be arriving shortly, Draken was planning on killing him in his quarters, after he got the information from him of course. He closed his eyes and focused, the night sky seemed to quickly shift so he could see everything; this was his gift, and the reason he was spared unlike the rest of his family. His ability to see clearly in the dark was both a gift and a curse. It was a very rare skill amongst the dark elves, on top of their original skills. Some even said that it was dark elves beginning to evolve even further, or adapt to be able to kill better.

The horse carriage trotted in and out came the lord; he was wearing a simple brown robe with a cloak to cover him from the rain.

It was time for Draken to get to work. He hopped down the watchtower and made his way to the castle, sticking to the shadows and stepping lightly. He reached the stonewall and began climbing, his metal gauntlets clanked against the stone of the castle. He climbed and climbed, it was exhausting but he endured it. He memorized the lord’s chambers by heart that he could probably do it with his eyes closed. He reached the window, the room was lit but there were no signs of movement. He hopped in and inspected the room. It was well furnished and must have been very expensive. There was a massive closet where Draken selected as his hiding spot, easily hidden from anyone who entered the room.

He waited longer than he had expected, making him late. He hated being late. Then he heard footsteps, one set of footsteps, it was the lord. The door opened and the lord entered. He was adjusting his robe, which was half off his body; he must’ve recently returned from satisfying his cravings. Draken removed his left gauntlet carefully avoiding making any noise. The lord turned his back to Draken, his first mistake. Draken slowly exited the closet, his rope dagger in his right hand. He came up behind the lord and began strangling him with the rope. The lord struggled and tried to come free, but it was no use, Draken had him. He knocked the lord out and tied hit up in the center of the room. He waited for the lord to awake, who was long; he was already behind schedule to meet with the masters.

The lord woke with a jolt and began kicking, he would’ve tried to scream, but while Draken was waiting for the lord to awake, he had stitched his mouth shut. The lord struggled in pain.

“Hello lord, I’m Draken. Someone sent me to get information from you so if you don’t mind; I’ll enter your mind and retrieve the information. I would highly caution you not to resist or I could severely mentally injure you, leaving you in a vegetative state or even killing you.” Said Draken. He hated entering peoples mind, it was an invasion of privacy, but it was part of his work.

He placed his left, gauntlet less hand on the lord’s forehead. He closed his eyes and pushed into the lord’s mind. The lord had headed Draken’s warning and hadn’t resisted a bit, which made this much easier. He inspected his mind, of course his most recent memories were first and the farther Draken went the farther the memories followed. Draken stumbled upon the lord’s recent cravings. It was a slave girl, a dark elf and she was beautiful. She had jet-black hair with black eyes, like most dark elves. Yet she seemed so innocent and vulnerable. He replayed the lord’s memory as if it was Drakens own. The lord proceeded to rape her and Draken had to exit the memory, as it was too disgusting to watch. Of course Draken had don far worse things, but killing and raping were two completely different things. He had a very high guild factor when it came to anything other than killing. Just knowing that he had the power to do something to save someone and not doing it would drive him insane. He kept searching the lord’s mind, then he found it, a meeting he recently had with the high elf king. Draken replayed the memory and it was revealed to be of war preparations. Draken had no idea what this meant. Were the elves going to war with one another once more? Will the thousands of years at peace finally be broken?