Chapter 6-The Queen of Isingr

Valinor

The lights danced around the trees. Valinor war leaning against one of the massive pine trees sipping a glass of water. He had a loose cotton shirt with simple grey cotton trousers and his usual leather boots. The sky was littered with little stars that shone as bright as the elven lamps. He stood at the entrance of the great hall, awaiting his meeting with the queen. He had glimpsed her twice already in his life, but from afar and he barely saw her. Considering Alli’s beauty he could only imagine what she would look like. He had brushed his hair as straight as possible, he would’ve worn jewelry but frankly he didn’t own any and hated it either way.

Amant was out hunting in the woods, Val knew better than to bring Amant to the queen’s great hall.

Craimen came out, his face grim and sad, clearly he had heard bad news.

“She is ready to see you”, said the ranger leader while bringing Val inside.

The hall was magnificent, it was hollowed out and paths of wood hung over a ever darkening abyss. In the center of the fall he could see a platform of wood that was higher than the rest, the highest point he could see. He saw the back of a wooden thrown. Craimen weaved through the paths, as if by heart. They slowly walked up the staircase, every footstep holding more weight than the last. When they reached the top Craimen quickly pulled don Val’s shoulder causing him to kneel. Val was about to stand right back up but realized the queen was standing in front of him and put his head back down before laying eyes on her.

“Stand, my friends”, she spoke, her voice calm, soothing, and seemed to fill Val’s very soul with power yet at the same time cleansing it of all evil.

Val stood up to peer into the Queens eyes; her magnificent silver eyes seemed to dance like flames over a chimney. She appeared to be the same age as Alli yet stood with higher posture and power making her seem older. Her hair was a pale blonde, like moonlight, almost the same color as Val’s and down to her knees. On her head was a crown, more like a wreath that was made of wood with flowers beginning to grow. He had heard of her crown, the crown of seasons, which changed in accordance with the seasons, spring in this case. Her dress was similar to her crown; it was long and dragged behind her. It was made entirely of green leaves. She truly was magnificent. Her face seemed to radiate with energy and power.

“My Queen”, said Val while still bowing

“Stand my young friend”

“Yes my lady”

“Valinor, do you know why I have sent for you?”

“Well I would hope it would be due to my charming looks and magnificent personality, but something tells me I would be wrong. So no I do not know why I am here”

“Craimen has told me all about your plans to leave Isingr, which peaked my interest. I was planning on sending you on a mission for me, but after hearing of what you did to ranger Trevan I fear you might not be suited for the task at hand.”

“My Queen, I highly recommend sending one of your firstborn’s rather than such a young ranger, not to be rude”, said a man beside the queen. He wore clothes similar to the queen; his entire clothing was made of green leaves. His appearance was typical to wood elves, blonde hair, silver eyes, and pointed ears. But Val knew who this man was, he was the Lord of Isingr, the queens most trusted advisor. He had once overheard a ranger saying that the Queen and the Lord shared their bed together.