8 | Reunions

~ Ama ☾ ~

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

~ Ama ~

My heart thumped loudly in my chest while I ran across the dense forest. Sweat dripped all across my forehead. My hand wiped across it while I tried to control my breathing. I don't know how much longer I could go. Every time I thought I lost her, she was right there.

I looked over my shoulder. There was no one there, but she couldn't be far behind. I needed to plan. I jumped behind a thick tree. 'I can make a surprise attack when she runs past using twin swords. It will give her less time to think.' I thought.

I took the time to catch my breath. And wait. But she never came. There was no sound coming from the forest. My eyebrows were furrowed as I peaked out from the tree. The only movement was from the wind in the trees.

I opened my waterskin and bent the water out, creating twin swords in my hand. Taking soft and balances steps, I left my hiding place, scanning my surroundings.

The tables were turned on me. I didn't expect her to jump from a tree branch behind me and kick the icy sword from my left hand. I turned around sharply and with one sword in my hand, I swung. She swiftly bent back, the blade flying above her face. And when she stood back up, her body turned, grabbing my wrist tightly.

This woman was incredibly strong. She was no earthbender, but just like the other citizens of the earth kingdom, she was strong and unmoving. And that mentally was the same physically. Her grip felt like a whole polar bear dog around my wrist.

Dropping my second sword, she swiped a foot underneath me from behind, making me fall on my back with her on top. Her hand was still tight around my wrist and she pinned it above my head. I used my free hand to try and punch her, but her reflexes stopped my hand and pinned it above my head right next to the other one.

"Gotcha, darling." Her honey-like voice teased as a smirk tugged at her pinkish-orange lips. Her red hair was a mess from the fight earlier and the chasing. "I told you. You can't win."

No way would I let this woman over power me. Her legs were on both sides of my waist, which didn't allow me to sweep her legs and flip her over. But I knew one weakness of hers.

I smirked at her and then leaned up, kissing her lips. Her eyes widened in surprise, and I took that second of shock and flipped her over. My hands grabbed her wrists and my legs were on either side of her waist. I was in the position she was just in moments ago.

"Looks like I got you." I raised an eyebrow and a taunting, mischievous smirk.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "You cheated."

I laughed as I got off of her. "How did I cheat?" I played dumb while holding out a hand for her to grab and pull her off the ground.

Her Sun, His Moon • Zuko •जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें