7 | Bridge of No Return

It was the first time that Ama was going back home to the South Pole since after the war

          It was the first time that Ama was going back home to the South Pole since after the war. Despite her break up with a certain Fire Lord, Ama tried to enter her homeland with a positive attitude. Not for herself, but for her dad and for her siblings.

          "Hey, Ama!" Aang called for her excitedly. He was currently sitting on Appa's head while the waterbender laid on his back, looking up at the night sky. "We're here!"

          She jumped up quickly and looked over, seeing the snow covered ground getting closer. The city looked so different. There were actual buildings, some fountains, shops. By the looks of it, there was a festival going on, based on the fancy lights, games and food booths.

          "Wow." She marveled at the lights and the large buildings close by. "The South Pole looks really different."

          "Yea, well it has been a while." Aang chuckled and the sky bison landed on the ground.

          Aang and Ama jumped out the moment they could. Aang ran to Katara for a hug while Ama ran to her father and he engulfed his daughter in a hug.

          "Dad!" She exclaimed.

          "My goodness." His father chuckled, pulling away to look at his daughter. "I didn't think you could grow up any more." Ama grinned. Hakoda was right. Since the last time he had seen her, she had matured a little more, having recently turned 18. "Now, where is that young man that had stolen my daughter from our tribe." He teased. Ama just gave him an awkward smile.

          How do I tell my family that I broke up with the Fire Lord? And that it wasn't a good breakup?

          "Yeah, I thought Zuko was supposed to come visit with you." Katara piped in, joining the conversation.

          "Things are getting a little rough in the Fire Nation. He's really busy." Ama opt out of telling them in the moment. She nervously rubbed her arm and looked over at Aang. He looked confused as to why she didn't say anything.

          "And the spirits?" Katara wondered.

          "Actually, it wasn't spirits at all. It was Azula." Aang informed.

          "At least the Kyoshi warriors are there to help out." Ama shrugged.

          "Avatar Aang." Hadoka greeted Aang formally with a bow.

          "Good to see you Chief Hadoka." Aang greeted back.

          "It's actually Head Chieftain Hadoka now." Katara corrected.

          "Really? Wow! Congratulations, Head Chieftain Hadoka, sir." Aang congratulated.

          "Yeah, congrats dad." Ama grinned.