8

Elianna POV

Jay is a canon ball on that field. Not hesitating to ram into the opposing team and barely missing his own team mates while he runs down the field towards the goal. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't digging it.

I almost choked on my drink when I saw him try to ram the goalie over. "Way to go Jay!" I yell with a little sarcasm coating my words. He started dancing because of the goal that he made. Everyone else is either mad or confused at his aggressive manner on the field. Elysia and I were quietly laughing on the side, but all of the other players seemed to be in disbelief of how aggressive he was being. A couple cheerleaders seemed pretty impressed too. Audrey wasn't happy seeing this though. She just looked mad.

But the only opinion that really mattered was the coach's. He decides if either of the boys play or not. I didn't really listen but judging by their expressions, I can tell that it was good news, at least for Jay and the coach. Some players looked a bit annoyed but they'll get over it.

"Oh my God. I have to go! I have lunch with my mother and my Aunt Anna," Elisia shrieks before quickly grabbing her stuff and running off. She gives me a clumsy wave and I chuckle as she trips but continues to run anyway.

I zone off for a bit looking at the tall trees of the forest that were never on the Isle. This would be the perfect place to disappear. No one would find me and I wouldn't be able to hurt anyone in there.

A loud scream interrupted my thoughts and my gaze landed on Carlos, a dog, and Ben. All disappearing into said trees. I curiously got up and sped to the tree line before walking in.

Carlos shouts as he clung to a tree and a small dog barked up at him. I raised an eyebrow, stepping up beside the prince who watched confused.

"Ben! Elianna help me! This thing is a killer! He's gonna take me down and rip out my throat!" Carlos yelled, not even caring that I could do the exact same thing. Yet he still asked for my help? I picked up the puppy and he licks me cheek. This is the first time I've seen a dog as well, but I figured he couldn't be anymore dangerous than I am. Pets aren't allowed on the Island due to the assumptions of animal cruelty. Which is actually probably Cruellas fault now that I think about it.

He gave me a look of realization before stepping up to help and gently taking the small dog into his own arms. "Hey! Who told you that?"

"Did you forget who his mother is, your royalness?" I mention. Only a small amount of sarcasm on my red lips.

"My mother!"

"Cruella?

"She's a dog expert." I snort but quickly cover my mouth. Ben smiles at me, he clearly heard it. "Why are you holding him? He's going to attack you?!"

"Carlos, you haven't even actually met a dog, have you?"

"Of course not."

"No one on the Isle has, your princlyness."

"Dude. This is Carlos. Carlos, Dude. Campus mutt," Ben introduces. Carlos calms down and slowly lets go of the tree.

"He doesn't look like a vicous, rabid, pack animal," he finally realizes and steps back down.

"He isn't," Ben says softly and smiles at Carlos. Carlos smiles and takes the dog into his arms. Awe, how heart warming.

"Guess you guys have it pretty rough on the Island." I step up and pet the dog and Carlos gives me a confused look, probably wondering why I was being nice or why I was still there.

"Yeah. Let's just say we don't get many belly rubs," Carlos responds metaphorically, but he wasn't joking.

"Good boy," Ben tells Carlos causing me to raise my eyebrows, but he quickly corrects himself, "I mean your a good runner. You're fast."

"Listen. I'm going to give you guys some space. Both of us will," Ben says referring to me. "You guys get to know each other and come find me when your done."

Ben then looks at me and we both start to leave, but not before glancing back at the pair. Carlos sitting down, bonding with his new friend.

After a minute of walking back, I decide to talk. "You handled that pretty well."

His eyes don't leave me as we walk, and he stays silent for a minute. An unknown look passing across his face. Sympathy maybe. "Yeah. I guess I did. I didn't realize how different it is on the Island."

We reach the tourney field. "Yeah it is. Just the whole environment. The trees, the people, the dogs, and definitely the food," I joke. He chuckles, but his smile vanishes when we walk further back towards the school. And I know what he's thinking about. There is no avoiding it. No matter how much I want to.

"Listen. I got something that I think will help you with you being... a.. Um. A.." I stopped at the bleacher and gave him a look of disbelief. He couldn't even say the words.

"A vampire?" He nods awkwardly. We have a weird stare down before he claps his hands and then turns around to grab his light blue and yellow duffle bag from the floor.

After we both got our stuff, I followed him into the castle. We kept getting weird looks from the Auradon kids while walking which put me on edge. Finally we arrive at a door and Ben unlocks the door with a key. Only after I entered did I realize that he took me to his room.

He shut the door behind me, making me feel completely awkward. I decided to look around. It looked like a normal boys dorm. The only difference is that it's just him.

"Come here," Ben said causing me to turn around and go to where he was standing. I looked curiously at him. He then opened a small black mini fridge. Low and behold... a whole lot of blood bags. "This will allow you to eat without having to um.. feed off of humans."

I could tell he felt weird about the situation and he stood there anxious for my opinion. My brown eyes soften and then I did the unexpected. I wrapped my arms around the prince's torso in a hug, thankful for the kind gesture. This is the nicest thing that anyone has ever done for me. Probably the only nice thing that's ever happened to me, if I'm being honest.

He slowly embraced me as well after recovering from the shock of my affection.