18

With Maleficent's mere presence, the whole castle darkens. The barrier must be broken. I give Mal the wand, knowing she'll need the all the power she can get to face her mother of evil.

"Go away, mother," are her first words as she stares at the lady with a look of being done. But of course all she gets in return is a laugh only someone like her can give.

"Hahaha.. she's funny.." the lady Maleficent snorts truly thinking of how funny that was in front of many unamused people. "Very funny. Here.. Wand me. Chop chop."

I look at Mal, knowing she won't do it. She can't. But Ben didn't believe that and shouts, "No!" Mal throws the wand to the Fairy Godmother who actually caught it with ease and immediately tries to send a spell at the lady of darkness.

"Bippity Boppity!"

"Boo!" Maleficent finishes the spell at uses her septor causing everyone to freeze in place except for the villains and myself. "Sike, hehehe."

I don't know if I should step in or let Mal handle her own mother. We watch almost helplessly as she rounds Ben's dad and takes off his thick glasses to admire him. I scrunch my nose at her. Ew. "Another time... Another time.."

Then she steps up farther to the frozen Fairy taking the wand with such ease, it's embarrassing. "Where should we begin? Oh, I know. Why don't we start by getting rid of this," Maleficent states facing us all and forces my hand out, taking the ring with magic. I gasp as it flies onto the wand.

I was about to run  and tackle the lunatic but for some unknown reason, Jay holds me back shaking his head. When she gets to Ben though, I swore that if she did anything I was going to kill her.

"Falling in love is weak. And ridiculous. You're father would be so disappointed," Maleficent sneers at me. I struggle to get out of Jay's hold without hurting him.

She turns to Mal, her daughter. "This is not what you want."

At this point Mal is crying. "You don't know what I want! Mom have you ever once asked me, what I want? I'm not you," Mal tries to have a civil and normal conversation with her mother.

"Well obviously. I've had years and years and years of practice being evil. You'll get there.."

"No! I will not! And I really wish you would of never gotten there yourself. Love is not weak! Or ridiculous. It's actually really amazing," Mal tries to stand up to her mom. But she wasn't having it. Her mom have a condescending look.

"I know one thing little lady. You have no love in your life!" Maleficent snaps at her daughter making Mal angry.

"And now I command the wand to my hand!" Mal reaches out and that cause the wand to go crazy in her mother's. Glowing and sending surge of swirling power out around it. With a yank it leaves her mom's hand and flies right into Mal's. Jay finally lets go of me as I smile, proud of my friend.

"It worked!" Mal laughs in surprise. But this created pure panic in her mother's eyes.

"Give me the wand give me the wand!"

"Hold on Mal. Maybe good really can defeat evil," Carlos step up beside her. But Mal laughs wickedly at the boy.

"Oh please. Your killing me! Ruff!" She barks like a small chihuahua at Carlos making me squint at her. She getting desperate. Dude growls and runs up onto her but she just pushed the small dog off of her but it was a distraction and Jay leapt for the black septor but when he did it almost looked like it was stuck to the ground or it stunned him.

"Gaston should be jealous," she gloats and pushes the boy back by his forehead. Extremely annoyed I flash over to her and push the lady aggressively to the floor. It only takes her half a second to stand and point the black septor at me. The top glows bright green and a bolt flies and hits me square in the chest.