14

Snapped back to reality, a weird horrible bound of nerves hit my stomach and I went off to find Evie and Mal. After looking everywhere, I finally found Mal talking to Jane. "Mal! Mal. Oh my god, I-I need you. Evie. Now."

Jane and Mal look at me with wide eyes and Jane quickly excuses herself leaving us be. "What? Did something happen?"

Not answering, I drag her to go find Evie in the courtyard. Spotting her long blue hair with a dorky blonde boy quickly. Mal grumbles in annoyance as I drag her to their table.

"Evie! Oh my beasting bubbles?! I've been looking for you!" I exclaim reaching their table and the couple look at me with weary. Taking a breath, I lean against the table. "Ben... He asked me out. Please help me," I tell her with a bit of desperation. As expected Evie squeals and jumps up.

"Really? You've been dragging me around because of this," Mal complains, but I knew she wanted to be apart of it, no matter what she has against boys.

This time, Evie drags me away and immediately goes into everything that we need to do to get ready. Suddenly I regret needing help.

Soon enough, I'm in a dress and Evie is doing my makeup on her bed. The feeling is weird, because someone else is doing it and not me. Mal is drawing and making sure Evie doesn't go overboard with my makeup. "Ok, Evie, don't put too much blush, you're going to scare him away," Mal criticizes looking up from her spell book.

"Please... My mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes," Evie retorts as she applies the pink powder on the apples of my cheeks.

"Ha, you guys are much better than my actual siblings for sure," I laugh making Evie pull away for second.

"Really? I've never had a sister before," Mal comments with a soft smile.

"Well, you both have two now. We're going to need all the help we can get if we don't pull this off. My mother is not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way, just ask Snow White." I try not to laugh as she starts to apply some red lip gloss.

"Are you afraid of her?" Mal asks the more serious question. I rub my lips together, the look now finished.

"Sometimes. Are you afraid of your mom?"

Mal pauses with a look of thought of the Mistress ofc Evil. "I just really want her to be proud of me. She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her. And yeah.. Well she's my mom, so I know she loves me in her own way," the purple haired enchantress explains, although it's hard to tell if she really believes her own words.

"That's a nice thought, I hardly even talk to my dad. Life always revolves around Gaston!" I mimic the last words as if it were a praise. They giggle a bit, as I intended.

"Ok. You ready?" Evie asks and I nod as we get up so I can see the final look in the mirror. My brown hair is curled framing my face that is endorsed with natural makeup. Then my dress is red that goes mid thigh and it's loose with sleeves.

Wow, I've never been this dressed up before. "Wow.. I.."

"Say it," Evie gushes with excitement.

"I look great," I say.

"Great? You mean beautiful," Mal compliments. Wow she never compliments anyone. A knock sounds at the door and before I could get it, Mal runs over. "Hold.. Just one minute."

I furrow my brows and Mal closes the door behind her. "What was that about?"

"Let me listen," I shrug and use my hearing to eavesdrop.

"Oh,  Bennyboo. I know your soon to be king, but if you hurt her, just remember she has a squad of villains backing her up," Mal threatens and my eyes widen.