4

Elianna's POV
I zone out as Mal gives a little speech about proving ourselves to be evil to our parents. I'm already a bloodsucking monster, can't get more evil than that. Then Evie and Carlos find where the magic wand is and I am dragged off to some museum.

I run along with them with a human speed, which takes a lot more effort than you would think. It's a 2 mile run, so they pant at the end while I just stand there unfazed. Evie and Mal roll their eyes at how unaffected I am, while the boys look at me like I'm a lunatic. We arrive at a double door entrance and look inside to see a guard sitting there lazily.

I could go in and compel him, but that would give me away so I let Mal say her little spell to put the guard to sleep. "That's your mother's spinning wheel," Jay and Carlos laugh.

"Prick the finger, prick it deep send my enemy off to sleep," Mal quietly chants. We all watch in amusement as the guard walks over to the spinning wheel in a daze. He pokes his finger and then slowly falls asleep on the ground. Huh, Mal could come in handy for me some day.

"Not so dorky now, huh," Mal retorts. I roll my eyes and try to open the door, but it's locked. Ugghh, I should just tell the boys my vampire secret. I could easily of broken the door down. Then Jay seems to think he could kick the doors open, but Mal says another spell causing the doors to unlock and fly open. I giggle as Jay flies in karate formation and lands right on his butt. We all run past him and follow Evie to where the magic wand is, but we soon come across a room holding statues of our parents. They look so much more powerful in their prime state of terror, than they do now on the Isle. I stare at my father's statue in sadness, knowing that I will never be good enough to have his attention.

Evie snaps me out of my sad thought by grabbing my fore arm and running somewhere. I follow the blue haired beauty up some stairs and into a huge room. The center of the room contains the white wand and a bright spotlight shines upon it, but as I look closer with my accentuated vision, I see a weird shimmer on the edges of the spotlight. It's almost like a barrier.

Mal distracts me from Jay when she finally runs up beside me, while Jay tries to reach for the wand. The only thing I see is Jay being blasted back as an alarms blares. We quickly run away and out of the building and I faintly hear Mal scolding Jay.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

I wake up the next day a couple of hours before the sun is even going to come up. A frown paints my face as pain sears my stomach. This isn't good. My canines extend to sharp points and my eyes turn red as the dark veins under my eyes become visible.

I didn't even realize what I was doing until I was pushed hard against the side of my bed. Ow.

"What the hell?" I hear Jay whisper. Then I look up and see Evie freaking out on her bed staring at me in fear. Mal and Jay are beside her. Mal comforting Evie and Jay standing defensively in front of both of them.

"What the hell, Elianna?! You almost killed Evie!" Mal yells at me.

"What are you?" My guilty gaze shifts between the three before I quickly get up and run out of there, but not before mumbling sorry.

My super speed could only get me to the edge of the woods besides the football/tourney field before I couldn't go farther due to the sadness and anger overwhelming me. Anger at myself for being the monster that my father thinks I am. Anger for letting myself become a vampire in the first place. Even if I had no control over it.

"Aaahh!!" I scream before I spin around and punch a tree causing a chunk of bark to fly out. With heavy breaths I slouch against a different tree with my head in my hands. I take a minute to breath until the familiar burning feeling in my throat became too much for me to handle. This feeling meaning that it's been too long since the last time I had blood.

I was about to head off into the forest, but then I heard a heart beat. A girl my age is jogging on a path across the football field. A little early for a jog, but this only benefited me. So, I quickly made my plan and went into action.

The path that she is taking conveniently went straight into the forest, so I flashed over to that part of the trail, sat down and fake cried. Pretending to cry wasn't too hard considering that I was crying five seconds ago. Her fast footsteps quickly slowed as she neared me.

"Hey. Are you okay?" She stops by me, not even considering that I could be dangerous or knowing that I could kill her. Even though, I would never do so. Aurodan people are so naive.

I look up, wiping away the fake tears as she puts her hand on my shoulder. Her face is so caring that I feel kinda bad, but I push the emotion away as quick as it comes.

"Don't move or make a sound. This won't hurt," I say softly as I stare into her brown eyes and compel her. After I'm sure she does as I say, I make my move. I swiftly stand and maneuver us with my speed so that she is against a tree this way I don't have to hold her up as much when her body will weaken. Then my teeth extend into fangs and puncture her neck as I drink from her. Mmm.. her blood tastes so different. I've never tasted this before. It's tangy, sweet and warm all at once. A few seconds later, her body started to become weak so I hesitantly pulled away, still a bit hungry.

I take my time licking the sweet blood off my lips, before biting my wrist and forcing the girl to drink my blood. All evidence disappears as the holes in her neck heal and her whole stature is lively once again, if not more hyper. The miracles of vampire blood.

Suddenly my heightened hearing picks up sounds of rustling leaves from behind me. I turn around and spot the one person that I definitely shouldn't be caught by and his name starts with a B.