16

Elianna's PoV
Parents day, a day where families come together to talk about their accomplishments and how each other's lives have been.

"Why are we even going to this?" I ask my friends and they roll their eyes at my complaints.

"You should be the last one complaining, El. Oh look, your boyfriend is performing," Mal gloats with a funny smirk. I grimace as he performs with his pretty pink and blue friends. Be our guest as a remix of some sort. He wasn't too bad, it's just a bit funny to watch.

"Oh, geez. Can you do a spell and turn into me Mal? Then you could meet his beloved parents," I joke but am low key serious. Her eyes widen and then she gives me a stern look. "I'm just joking."

Just then Ben calls me over as they were taking pictures under an arch way. "El. El, I wanna introduce you to my parents," he tells me coming forward to give me a short hug. "Be nice," he warns me clearly noticing my face of distaste.

"Don't worry. I'll be on my best behavior," I tell with a small smile which appeases him. He wraps an arm around my waist and we look at his parents to which I could tell are very troubled with their son's decision to date me.

The sounds of their hearts pounding quickly hit my ears like war drums. Then there's the hum noise that his mother, Belle keeps making out of disapproval.

"This is Elianna from the Island," he introduces me as we step up to the king and queen.

"Hi!" The Queen exasperated with her painted smile I respond the same way feeling way out of place.

"I was think she could join us for lunch," Ben tells his parents and stares at them expectantly.

"Uh, of course. Any friend of Ben's." The King responds. But I could tell they would rather have the opposite. Pursing my lips, I look at Ben briefly and his encouraging smile makes me nod.

"I actually came with my friends," I tell them and turn to wave at them. But my hand drops seeing Jay and Carlos covered in chocolate.

"You should invite them," the Queen tells me with a smile. "Because the more the merrier."

"Yeah, I'll go get them," I tell her wanting to run away from this horribly awkward situation.

"How bout a game of croquet first," the king suggest. I try to pull back my confusion having no idea what that is and nod silently as to agree.

Then Ben and I go get my friends who look very much out place like I do. "Have you ever played before?" He asks me as we walk off. I quickly shake my head.

"I didn't even know that game existed before he said it," I tell him and he laughs.

"Don't worry. I'll show you how to play."

I nod and we get everyone to the game field, but everyone kind of does their own thing. Carlos plays with his dog and Jay and Evie go talk to people and Mal stays with me because it seemed like better option than talking to everyone.

I watched the odd game of Croquet as Ben demonstrated. It seems oddly easy for a game, but that's if I'm understanding correctly. I'm fact I was crushing it easily. "Wow, you have amazing aim," the Komg attempts to talk with me. Tension was there before we even met each other.

Due to my dad almost killing him and all. Or for my dad trying to force a relationship between him and Belle. These facts make wonder why they ever allowed me to come over I'm the first place. Forcing a smile, I nod.

"My father made me and my brothers practice aiming a lot as we grew up. Sort of the closest thing to a sport we had on the Island," I respond but realize talking about my dad isn't exactly a great move. The King's eyes flash momentarily with anger causing me to step back, but it turns to pity almost immediately.